ICT Systems Administrator
Karen, Nairobi, Kenya
Purpose of the position: The purpose of this position is to ensure the effective planning, design, implementation, and maintenance of mission critical enterprise systems. Serves as a technical expert in the area of system administration for complex business systems.
- Develops strategies to manage the frequency of appropriate support package/patch application.
- Monitors health of systems and provides appropriate recommendations, when required.
- Coordinates and validates activities.
- Manages user access to, systems, servers, and files.
- Administers the set-up of new profiles, creates and updates access permissions and maintains user accounts.
- Installs, configures and maintains system hardware and software components.
Design / Develop
- Analyzes, designs, develops, and documents systems to meet business requirements.
- Supervises the monitoring procedures and evaluates problems identified by team members.
- Determines infrastructure systems specifications, input/output processes and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
- Identification of issues regarding impact of and integration with existing architecture, processes and systems.
- Provides Level 2 production support to the field.
- Supervises the IT Officer Customer Support in the field
- Diagnoses escalated problems or escalates, when needed.
- Makes recommendations to improve security and participates in investigations as needed.
- Designs and assists in the development of a comprehensive disaster recovery plan both for Karen and the field.
- Assists in the development of disaster recovery plans with service providers in regard to enterprise
Policies, Procedures and Standards
- Supports and helps establish systems environment standards.
- Works with auditors, security groups, and data owners to make sure of governance, regulations, and compliance to policies and procedures.
- Fast thinker and able to make rational decisions even under pressure
- Fast learner and always a step ahead in terms of IT security
- Team Player
- Committed person
- Able to communicate effectively
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Educational requirement: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or related field
- Technical Requirement: Technical Training qualifications required: MCSE or MCITP, CCNA, VMware ESXi and VCenter Server administration, Lotus Domino administration, HP Blade System Solutions Support certification or equivalent experience.
- Certification: CISA or CISM certification will be an added advantage
- Experience: At least 3 – 4 years of experience in busy IT office. 2 years as Systems Administration.
- Good working knowledge of office automation applications (Microsoft Office) and
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills. Must be able to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills
- Customer-focused. Must demonstrate a strong willingness to meet the customer’s needs while balancing the organization’s needs and priorities
- Demonstrates eagerness and aptitude for acquiring necessary technical knowledge, skills and judgment to accomplish a result or to serve a client’s needs effectively
- Excellent time-management skills. Able and willing to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in, and contribute to, team building environment
- Must be willing to travel to various locations in Somalia, and to live under harsh conditions
- Must be able to speak, understand and write fluent English
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
Closing Date: 23-Oct-2018