Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor
Karen, Nairobi, Kenya
PURPOSE OF POSITION: The purpose of this position is to provide leadership, management and coordination of East Africa region programme design, monitoring and evaluation (DME) function.
This position coordinates with Global Evidence & Learning, all support offices and Regional strategy and Technical Service Team (TSO) to ensure support for quality and effective programme design and measurement to assess progress and impact on child-wellbeing outcomes (CWBOs), reporting, wide dissemination of results internally and external for regional influence and resource acquisition.
As a member of the Evidence Support team (EST), and evidence and learning COP the advisor will contribute to the development and improvement of existing DME and programme research guidance materials, standards and guidelines and tools.
In collaboration with Support Offices, through the PST mechanism, this position will lead regional capacity building support for NOs in DME.
The role will also focus on knowledge management, focusing the creation, sharing and learning within communities of practice as well as between NOs in the region. It will support and coordinate the identification of knowledge needs across the National offices, documentation and management of the knowledge to ensure easy accessibility and storage of the knowledge in WV Central.
DME Leadership, towards Strategy Alignment and Implementation:
- Contribute to regional and NOs strategy alignment and provide expert leadership for DME strategic approaches.
- Collate and share with regional SMT strategic, concise and timely results on all NO programme baselines, semi-annual and annual programme outputs and inputs, evaluations and programme implementation quality review.
- Provide DME technical support to national offices during strategy monitoring and evaluation.
- Represent regional WV DME in strategic internal and external knowledge sharing and decision-making forums.
Programme Design and Implementation Quality:
- Roll-out guidance including Development Programme Approach (DPA) and coordinate technical support and learning for LEAP 3 Technical Programme (TP) and Community Engagement and Sponsorship Programme (CESP) to ensure timely and strengthened quality of NO programme designs and redesigns.
- Provide technical support for NOs to set realistic programme monitoring and evaluation targets, report on performance against targets and utilise results to improve programme implementation and measurement.
- Provide leadership and technical support to ensure NO’s have good root cause analysis, theory of change; TP designs have good logframes and M&E plans that use the core standard outcome and output indicators.
- Provide leadership and technical support to ensure NO utilise evidence-based project models in their TP designs, TP designs have standards and process to enhance implementation quality and TP implementation fidelity in NOs is assessed and results documented.
- Contribute to development, review and improvement of Partnership design guidance, standards and tools.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Impact Reporting:
- Provide leadership and technical input to conduct NO ME capacity assessment and capacity enhancement action plans.
- Provide leadership and coordinate with GC Evidence & Learning to ensure development and execution of a coordinated and systematic capacity building in DME to strengthen expertise across all the NOs in the region.
- Provide coordination and support for NOs to plan, execute and report on their TP and grant programme baselines, mid-term review and evaluations ensuring collection of both quantitative and qualitative data assessing CWBOs and sustainability drivers.
- Provide leadership, coordination and capacity building to develop and enhance comprehensive and effective NO programme monitoring systems.
- Provide Leadership and technical support for NOs to effectively use Horizon to record their programme outcome, output, activity and input results to enhance data access, retrieval, analysis, and reporting efficiency.
- Provide leadership and technical support for NOs to utilize technology such as mobile and GIS to capture monitoring and evaluation data and present results.
- Provide leadership and technical support for NOs to write good quality CWB outcome and output reports.
- Compile and disseminate widely regional CWB outcome and output reports.
Learning and Innovation:
- Promote learning and innovation in DME across the region.
- Leverage the E&L CoP to promote learning on strategic DME priorities across the region.
- Strengthen and streamline region wide utilization of knowledge assets to achieve our ministry objectives.
- Oversee the development and management of past research findings through documentation, publishing and dissemination of results.
- Ensures that KM interventions and approaches are aligned with regional strategic priorities.
- Update and maintain the EARO WV Central page with up to date content and information.
- Promote knowledge generation through the organization’s operational business processes.
- Ensure information sharing across Global CoPs and the EARO based CoP Chapters, business units, and networks on documentations and innovative approaches.
DME Talent Management:
- Provide technical support to national offices during recruitment, performance management and mentoring of DME technical leaders.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Masters degree in humanitarian, development or social science related field.
- Advanced academic training and excellent technical expertise in qualitative and quantitative programme measurement and analysis in any of the sectors implemented by World Vision.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in relief and development work with 7 of these being in practical work in designing and setting up programme measurement systems and processes and DME capacity buiding.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- At least 7 years developing country contexts experience in working with community-based development programs.
- Excellent facilitation, negotiation, coordination and networking skills.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Data analysis and technical report writing.
- Program design.
- Program management.
- Good working relationships with NOs.
- Work Environment:
The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
Closing Date: 26-Oct-2018