Academic Head of Business and Deputy Head of Department
Reporting to the Principal of the College
The prime role of the Academic Head and Deputy Head of department is to lead, manage and develop the department to ensure it achieves the highest possible standards of excellence in all its activities.
The Head of department will be required to exercise leadership, demonstrate vision and empower others in order to deliver the agreed departmental strategy
- Be responsible for setting and advancing the academic strategy of the department in line with the College strategic plans and direction.
- Widen student enrollments and refresh and develop new programmes in order to attract new students and markets. This will also include the creation of new opportunities for knowledge transfer activities in order to secure additional income streams with new areas of teaching
- Carry functional responsibility for specific agreed cross-cutting departmental areas
- Develop and sustain appropriate structures for management, decision-making and communication with staff and students.
- Promote and represent the college both internally and externally
- Give due consideration to the status of Head, as a role model for other members of staff in pursuit of academic excellence.
- Ensure the best possible student experience from admission, teaching, extracurricular development, assessment and progression
- Make available pastoral assistance
- Adherence to the college and its affiliates regulatory policies
- Ensure the College HR policies and procedures are implemented
- Ensure staff performance is managed appropriately and in a way that is consistent with expectations of the College which includes the workload expectation
- Engender a culture of excellence, co-operation and respect both within and beyond the department.
- Manage income and expenditure in order to promote financial sustainability.
- Ensure all activities within the department are carried out to the highest possible standards and put in place the necessary evaluation and monitoring procedures to ensure both compliance and improvement: Such procedures will include reaching and management of all resources
- Comply with auditing, quality assurance and risk management procedures both internal and external
- Masters degree in related field with 3 to 4 years experience in a similar work environment, or a first degree with similar work experience.
- Experience in administration of Higher Diplomas, and Programmes such as ACCA, Association of Business Executive (ABE) Programmes, Chartered Institute of Marketing ( CIM) Programme or other UK syllabi at Higher Diploma level.
- Skills, aptitude and a good understand of the academic disciplines with the department will be an important consideration
- The ability to engage constructively with people with strong ambassadorial and diplomatic skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Have the ability to manage a number of competing demands and excellent delegation skills
- Be flexible and adapt swiftly to changing circumstances and ability to seek advice from a variety of sources; be willing and able to exercise judgment.
Interested candidates who fully meet the above requirements should send their applications along with a detailed CV indicating current and expected salary and their daytime contact to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We do not charge any fees for receiving and reviewing applications or for interviews.
Deadline: 10th December 2018