Indepth Research Services Ltd
Position: Accountant / Learning Advisor (Accounting and Financial Management)
Location: Nairobi, Kenya.
We are Africa’s leading training and consultancy center since 2003, offering technical consultancy and training services designed for individual and organizations in the agriculture, climate change and environment; disaster management; education; food and nutrition; health; humanitarian relief; logistics and telecommunication; recovery and reconstruction; safety and security; water and sanitation sectors.
We are currently interested in a young dynamic and results driven candidate who is passionate about developing his/her research skills and experience in practical statistics, monitoring and evaluation.
Key Roles / Responsibilities
- Accounting duties: Preparing monthly accounts statements, maintaining accounting records, processing payments for suppliers, consultants (Trainers, others), bills and updating the accounting system.
- Oversee debtors and creditors and ensure the reconciliation of their balances.
- Confirm supplier invoices entered in system Knowledge
- Processing and submissions of all statutory returns including as PAYE, VAT, NHIF, Withholding Tax and all others that may be required from time to time.
- Maintain cheque payment summary and petty cash.
- Do monthly bank reconciliations.
- Payroll processing
- Procurement of goods and services including pre-qualification of suppliers.
- To conduct training in accounting, financial management including use of Excel, accounts software such as QuickBooks, Sage, and ERPs among others to IRES clients.
- To perform any other duties that may be assigned by the management from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Finance or Accounting
- CPA Finalist
- At least 3 years’ experience in the Private, NGO or Public sector.
- Previous training experience in accounts including use of Excel, accounts software such as QuickBooks, Sage, ERPs.
- Experience in designing databases is an added advantage.
- Must be able to deliver under strict deadlines and handle pressure effectively.
How to Apply:
If you meet the above criteria, please only send your CV to email@example.com with the subject title ‘Accountant / Learning Advisor’ on or before 30th November 2018 by 5pm.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.