World University Service of Canada
Administrative and Finance Assistant
Background: World University Service of Canada (WUSC) is a leading Canadian international development organization that works with and through its southern partners to promote sustainable development.
Founded in 1957 and currently working in 22 countries worldwide with an annual budget of approximately $35 million dollars, WUSC’s mission is to foster human development and global understanding through education and training.
Our internationally recognized programs target youth, women, and other marginalized populations, focusing on three thematic areas of education, employment, and empowerment.
Globally, WUSC has a network of higher Education institutions, civil society organizations, private sector partners, professionals, students, volunteers, faculty, and community leaders that can be leveraged to support our work.
WUSC’s members are Canada’s most globally engaged post-secondary institutions. WUSC offers a dynamic international work environment with a diverse intercultural workforce. We offer employees exciting opportunities to apply their skills and gain experience all while making a difference for youth around the world.
We believe youth have the potential to provide for their families, build strong communities, and create positive social change for future generations. Employees at WUSC work hard to create lasting change in education, employment and empowerment.
Job Role: WUSC Kenya is looking to hire an Administrative and Finance Assistant to support its Kenya Office by providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of office systems and processes
Work closely with the Finance and Operations Team in the following areas
- Ensure the smooth functioning of office administration;
- Support the preparation of contracts;
- Manage ( and be seated at ) the front office;
- Organize and prepare for meetings / manage the meeting rooms;
- Support to office assets management and inventory/ maintenance of records on assets management
- Custodian for management of office stationery supplies including maintenance of stock list of stationery, of stationery as required by staff and keeping a log of distribution.
- Support the procurement office for execution of procurement processes; ensuring procurement guidelines are implemented
- Support the development and implementation of procurement plans and tracking systems.
- Plans, organizes and supports the bid solicitation process including drafting and floating RFQ and RFP’s
- Participate on the bid evaluation committees, ensures the integrity of the competitive process and exercises appropriate judgment and tact while ensuring to protect confidential information
- Ensure timely delivery of goods and services
- Maintain updated records of all procurement related documentation
- Validate financial documents (Payment request, Requisition, and Travel Request, etc.) by ensuring correct procedures have been followed.
- Track invoices and cash advances;
- Preparation of payment vouchers
- Data entry, review and filing of finance documents
Qualifications and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Commerce or equivalent
- Qualification in accounting will be an advantage
- Minimum 3 Years work experience in a finance or accounting administration and procurement;
- Experience in a similar role will be an advantage
- Excellent organizational & interpersonal skills
- Able to conduct rigorous checks on data and documentation.
- Excellent communication skills – able to communicate and report both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Communicates openly, and consistently. Shares information appropriately
- Problem solving skills and self-management – able to form creative solutions in problem solving.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work under pressure.
How to Apply:
WUSC is an equal opportunity employer.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
If you wish to apply for this position, please send your resume with a covering letter to email@example.com with “Administrative and Finance Assistant” in the subject line on or before 28th November 2018.
The job posting is open to Kenyan Nationals only.