The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu is an institution of the Aga Khan Health Service, Kenya, which is an Agency of the Aga Khan Development Network. The hospital is part of a network of health facilities, which includes Hospitals and Outreach Health Facilities across East Africa.
The Aga Khan Hospital is in an exciting growth phase and has attained acknowledgment of its quality by achieving ISO 9001:2015 certification, ISO 15189:2012 accreditation for laboratory services and is at advanced stage of attaining Joint Commission International Accreditation.
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu has outreach Health Services at Kisii, Kakamega, Kitale, Bungoma, Kericho, Kibuye-Kisumu, West End- Kisumu, Busia, Homa- Bay, Kapsabet, Migori, Bomet, with plans to spread to Narok.
With the ongoing expansion we seek to recruit a professional for the following vacant position:
Medical Records Officer
Overall Responsibility: Reporting to the Medical Records Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing safe, effective storage of patient medical records towards ensuring integrity, easy accessibility, completeness and confidentiality of patient information.
- Routine data collection by performing daily collection and collation of bed bureau census as well as collection of clinic reports.
- Coding and Indexing of diseases to enable provision of data for learning, administrative purposes and as per statutory requirements.
- Editing of Patient files as per the patient assembly order policy.
- Clinic preparation by retrieving files and ensuring patient records are readily available as required.
- Participation in quality improvement and patient safety initiatives, promoting service excellence & cost management.
- Diploma in Health records from a recognized institution.
- Minimum two years working experience in a busy Hospital environment.
- Excellent customer service and people management skills.
- Excellent computer skills and ability to work with minimum supervision.
How to Apply
Only qualified candidates are encouraged to email their applications with detailed curriculum vitae, names and contacts of three referees, current and expected salary to email@example.com on or before 11th November, 2018.
If you do not receive any response from us, please consider yourself unsuccessful.
Interested candidates should also note that Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu does not solicit any funds for purposes of recruitment.
“Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer”