The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu is an institution of the Aga Khan Health Service, Kenya, which is an Agency of the Aga Khan Development Network. The hospital is part of a network of health facilities, which includes Hospitals and Outreach Health Facilities across East Africa.
The Aga Khan Hospital is in an exciting growth phase and has attained acknowledgment of its quality by achieving ISO 9001:2015 certification, ISO 15189:2012 accreditation for laboratory services and is at advanced stage of attaining Joint Commission International Accreditation.
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu has outreach Health Services at Kisii, Kakamega, Kitale, Bungoma, Kericho, Kibuye-Kisumu, West End- Kisumu, Busia, Homa- Bay, Kapsabet, Migori, Bomet, with plans to spread to Narok.
With the ongoing expansion we seek to recruit a professional for the following vacant position:
Medical Ward in Charge
Overall Responsibility: Reporting to the Nursing Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the delivery of quality care that promotes safety and well-being of all patients within the assigned unit.
He / she will plan, coordinate, manage and evaluate all patient care activities including quality, resources, regulatory compliance, staff development and finance.
- Lead the unit team in formulation, implementation and evaluation of annual goals and objectives in accordance with departmental and Hospital strategic objectives.
- Lead the team in development, implementation and review of policies, procedures, protocols, and care guidelines based on international standards
- Participate in the Budget process and ensure efficient utilization of resources
- Ensure that all policies, procedures, equipment and supplies are in place.
- Responsible for the recruitment, selection, orientation and on- going training of the unit staff
- Oversee continuous education of unit staff and identify staff training needs
- Participate in Quality and patient safety activities in the unit and hospital
- Bsc Nursing.
- BLS certificate and other unit specific certification requirements.
- At least five years working experience in nursing practice, with three years in Nursing Leadership role.
- Valid Kenyan nursing practice licence.
- Working knowledge of a Hospital Management Information System.
- Excellent PR and Communication skills.
How to Apply
Only qualified candidates are encouraged to email their applications with detailed curriculum vitae, names and contacts of three referees, current and expected salary to email@example.com on or before 11th November, 2018.
If you do not receive any response from us, please consider yourself unsuccessful.
Interested candidates should also note that Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu does not solicit any funds for purposes of recruitment.
“Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer”