We are a company in Agribusiness and seeking to recruit a Procurement Manager.
Your key responsibility will be to ensure the company obtains quality products for competitive prices in a timely fashion.
You will play an integral role in ensuring the company sticks to budgets and operates profitably.
In this position, you will manage the company’s supply of produce from out growers and farmers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Purchase supply of products/materials required by the company.
- Organize and schedule procurements in a timely manner
- Interview potential suppliers prior to contract negotiations, including visiting farms and distribution centers and discussing quality standards with vendors
- Liaise with key company departments and employees to determine their product and service needs
- Monitor business trends and product availability to pay the best price for company goods and services without sacrificing quality or delivery times
- Oversee fulfillment of supply contracts by verifying quantity and quality of incoming produce shipments, checking invoices for accuracy, ensuring compliance with contractual regulations and working with vendors as necessary to resolve any discrepancies
- Prepare requisitions and purchase orders
- Receive, track and record orders and document arrivals
- Analyze and Manage supply base
- Maintain current knowledge of existing vendors, industry trends and relevant pricing by attending trade shows and conferences and reading professional publications
- Nurture relationships with suppliers to negotiate the best prices for company
- Identify and research potential new suppliers
- Research new products and services to meet company’s goals
- Develop and implement strategies for procuring, storing, and distributing goods or services and maintaining stock levels
- Communicate performances and costs to management
- Recommend new processes or systems for improvement; implement new ideas and strategies
- Communicate with vendors, clients, customers, team members, and managers to align goals
- Oversee a team of external purchasing agents
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Supplies and Purchasing or related field.
- At least 3 years in a similar position
- Experience in procurement of Agribusiness produce will be an added advantage
- Good planning and organization skills
- Analytical and presentation skills
- Integrity, confidentiality and objectivity
- Business savvy
If you meet the above requirements kindly share your CV and salary expectation to email@example.com by 30th November 2018