Our client is one of the leading Paint manufacturers in the region and seeks to hire a high energy, performance driven sales superstar in the role of Area Sales Manager – Automotive Paints.
The ASM shall drive aggressive campaigns to reach the targets, drive loyalty and increase the market share of the automotive paints.
The ideal candidate is a natural marketer with a proven track record meeting ambitious sales goals. Successful candidate shall lead an equally talented sales team and inspire them to reach beyond the limits.
Salary: KShs 150,000 – 250,000
Main Purpose of Job: Strategic sales and marketing of Automotive Paints Products to ensure incremented growth in sales and profitability & supervision / guidance of the auto sales team to ensure maximum functionality & productivity.
Expected Key Outputs
- A team leader with a proven track record managing a diverse teams in multiple geographies.
- To set goals and strategies/Tasks on how to increase sales in units, Revenue and profitability of the auto paints brands.
- Conduct regular spray painters training programs at high premium selling counters and Implementation of painter loyalty program.
- Identify and convert key outlets selling competition brands through offering of customized pricing, secondary sales & linking of small dealers & body shops to existing customers.
- Annual dealer tie-up – Set targets and offer customized pricing and offer to dealers & body shops on fast moving items/products.
- Implement Customer Engagement activities like Dealer’s koroga, factory visit, Spray Painters trainings, Counter staff training, Painters’ loyalty program
- Identify and convert new potential dealers and target dealers
- Nurture New dealers & bodyshops with additional support (Inform about policy and procedures, product mix & technical service).
- Create & adhere to Monthly journey plan (60 dealer visits per month).
- Ensure on time response to complaints.
- Ensure on time delivery of statements, resolve credit note issues on monthly basis & credit limit tracking.
- Identify bad and slow pay masters and take corrective actions.
- Identify accounts which require zed billing and implement.
- Create & Implement Resource Requirement plan for the automotive sector.
- Collection of market intelligence and submit on regular basis competitors’ information on pricing and promotion activities to Management.
Qualifications & Core Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or related discipline. Candidates holding business degree and with strong sales record in relevant industry shall be considered.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Sales & Marketing will be an added advantage
- 5 – 8 years’ experience in sales
- Sales experience in paint industry will be a clear advantage
- Experience in FMCG Manufacturing is required.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent selling skills
- High energy and motivated.
- Computer skills: MS Word, Windows, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Drivers License with at least 2 years continuous driving experience
Candidates who closely meets the criteria set above should send their applications to email@example.com so as to reach us on or before 30th November 2018.
Clearly indicate “AREA SALES MANAGER – AUTOMOTIVE PAINTS” on the email subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.