Our client is a medium sized bakery offering a wide range of baked goods and pastries.
They seek to hire a qualified and experienced person in the role of Bakery Assistant.
Ideal candidate must have worked in a busy bakery environment and is very familiar with recipe formulation, production and general housekeeping.
The role will involve maintaining high housekeeping standards and ensuring consistently excellent standards of quality with regards to preparation and baking. It will also entail working effectively and efficiently to meet production targets and schedules for stocking and replenishing the shop counter and wholesale orders.
- To check the daily schedule and to undertake the product production activities assigned to them for that shift to meet the branch’s daily requirements
- To produce a consistently excellent quality of product, adhering with the processes set out in the baking manual and using the correct ingredients
- To deliver a standard of product decoration and general presentation that is in line with the organization’s standards of excellence
- Working collaboratively with the team leader and other team members, to produce fresh batches of product, as required, in a timely and efficient manner throughout the shift
- To work as directed to avoid either potential lost sales because an item(s) has sold out or overproduction resulting in wastage
- To participate in the daily quality control of products and report any issues to the Supervisor
- To proactively record all wastage, accurately, on a daily basis
- To wear the uniform and all PPE provided, ensuring it is kept clean and presentable at all times
- To ensure that their work station is kept clean and hygienic at all times and is maintained in a tidy and organized manner
- To participate in the daily and weekly deep clean of the kitchen, completing the relevant paperwork as required
- To clear away any spills and/or breakages immediately, in accordance with company procedures, ensuring that any signs, for example a wet floor sign, are displayed promptly and prominently to ensure the safety of others
- To adhere to the correct procedures for accurate food labelling and to monitor the temperatures in the ‘fridges and cool stores, reporting any issues immediately to the Supervisor
- To use all equipment and machinery in the correct manner, in compliance with both company procedure and safe systems of work, and any manufacturer’s instructions.
- To report immediately to a member of the management team any faulty or damaged equipment and/or any potential hazards
- To be an active, outgoing and supportive team member, contributing in a constructive manner and treating all team members and customers with fairness and courtesy
- To fully comply with all Health and Safety and Food Hygiene regulations at all times
- Ensure that food and drink served to customers is of a consistently high standard and is well presented
- To develop knowledge of products and share that knowledge with customers and other team members in a confident manner
- Any other responsibility as may be assigned by the Supervisor from time to time.
- Diploma in Pastry and Baking or related
- Minimum 3 years working experience in a reputable bakery unit.
- Understanding of recipe formulation for a wide range of baked products.
- Proven track record in delivering on production targets under tight timelines
- Highly sensitive to hygiene and housekeeping
- Team player
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates to send their applications to email@example.com so as to reach us on or before 30th November 2018 quoting “BAKERY ASSISTANT” on the email subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.