Social Media Intern
Cellulant is the leading one-stop digital payments company in Africa, for Africa by Africans; providing the glue connecting everyone to everything, every day.
To do this we are looking for qualified, passionate, dynamic and vibrant people to drive our strategy and agenda.
Role Context: The Cellulant is looking for a Social Media & Public Relations Intern to join our growing team. The ideal applicant will possess strong knowledge of the digital media & legacy media landscapes.
The successful candidate will be responsible for executing the company’s social media strategy, working across key social media channels including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
This role offers the intern a total immersion into a busy digital oriented business and the successful candidate will work closely with the Content Marketing Manager as well as key members of the Brand & Marketing team to learn about social media, digital communications and marketing in a business to business & business to consumer environment.
This role will be instrumental in increasing our social media presence and gaining visibility for our brand among clients and candidates.
The successful candidate will be responsible for monitoring and posting social networks, engaging in online forums, participating in online outreach and promotion, optimizing our website and conducting keyword analysis, social media-based end user support & liaison with product support teams.
The preferred candidate must display:
- In-depth working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest and Google+
- Experience with social media monitoring, engagement & analytics tools, including Hootsuite, Brand24,
- Tweet deck, Google Analytics and Facebook Insights, buzzsumo among others
- Adequate knowledge of Public Relations Communications
Reports To: Content Marketing Manager & Chief of Brand
- Work with Content Marketing Manager to implement engaging digital campaigns
- Develop content calendars on a weekly and monthly basis for company brands
- Monitor analytics with social media team to identify viable ideas
- Craft engaging social media posts based on content anchored on the company’s blogs & in line with content marketing strategy
- Assist in the general distribution of press releases and media alerts
- Provide support to our marketing team at live and online events
- Grow online social networks by increasing fan-base and interactions
- Monitor, post and engage on blogs, forums, and social networks
- Provide social media-based end user support & liaise with product support teams
- Collaborate with Content Manager & events coordinator to ensure a consistent campaign and relevant content
- Draft P.R communication briefs
- Liaise & co-ordinate with the company’s PR agency for media release distributions & media pitching requirements
- Creating media kits
- Build and update media lists and databases
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field.
- Proven written communication skills, and a passion for writing both short- and long-copy.
- Excellent verbal communications skills.
- An interest in marketing, communications, social media or reputation management;
- Familiarity with key social media tools (e.g. Twitter and Facebook) and with Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel);
- An ability to consistently demonstrate our values of insight, hard work, and effectiveness in your personal approach to work;
- Passion for the PR industry and its best practices
- Excellent attention to detail and a high motivation to learn;
- A proactive, service-focused attitude towards clients and candidates and the teams you support internally;
- An ability to remain calm under pressure and a robust/resilient attitude towards challenges;
- An ability to prioritize work and complete tasks with quick turnaround times and minimal fuss; and
- The ability to work collaboratively with a team.
Send your CV in PDF, email subject: Social Media & PR Intern to email@example.com before November 30th 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.