Kolping Organization of Kenya (KOK)
Introduction: Kolping Organization of Kenya (KOK) is non-profit making Catholic lay association working for the intergral development of its members drawn from the Catholic church and for the benefit of the community through spiritual nourishment and guidance, training and economic development.
KOK runs a vocational training centre at Kilimambogo, Thika and is seeking an outstanding, dynamic and results oriented individual to fill the following key position.
The Position of Centre Manager / Project Manager.
Purpose of the Post: To ensure proper administration and management of the center for institutional/personnel development.
Reporting line: Reporting to the Executive Director
- Supervise and co-ordinate all the center activities
- Ensure a team spirit among the center staff.
- Prepare project reports to be presented to the management committees and KOK National Board of Directors.
- Participate in meetings, discussions, project site visits, workshops and hearings.
- Ensure performance at all levels of staffing in accordance to agreed targets and deliverables.
- Ensure proper budgeting and proper utilization of resources and assets for high performance and sustainability.
- Oversee the preparation of financial reports to be presented to the management committees for concurrence and the KOK National Board.
- Enhance effective communication at the work place.
- Ensure continuous marketing of the centers’ products and services.
- Ensure effective public relations with all stake holders of the centre.
- Development of a strategic plan for the centre.
- Ensure the centre strives towards self-sustainability
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the Executive Director.
- Degree in a Business-related field with bias in technical vocational training education.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate and interact at all levels of the organization.
- Proven problem solver with the ability to work in a diverse team environment.
- Flexible, professional with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities with changing priorities.
- Excellent MS Excel and MS Word skills
- Knowledge in basic accounting is an added advantage
- Must have a very clear idea of the Catholic Social Teachings
- Is a committed and practicing Catholic, with good recommendation from own Parish Priest
- Shows, in both belief and practice, deep commitment to the ideals and values of the Church
- Is a person of integrity, with high degree of stewardship of resources
- Is innovative and assertive
- Is able to work in a team and able to serve people of all types of temperament
- Treats all confidential information and documents with utmost sense of responsibility
Performance Indicators: Extent of carrying out duties and responsibilities above.
How to Apply
Applications should be addressed to: –
The Executive Director
Kolping Organization of Kenya,
P.O. Box 51981-00200,
Applications must reach us on or 6/12/2018
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted