City Walk is a registered company in Kenya and has been in operations since 1991 with 26 branches. City Walk specializes in selling of elegant, unique and stylish footwear, bags, clothes and leather items.
Head of Sales
The Head of Sales is responsible for overseeing all sales activities of the company and managing the sales teams.
Duties of the Head of Sales
- Motivating the sales team to achieve the best results possible.
- Setting activity and revenue targets for members of the sales team.
- Continual training and development of all members of the sales department.
- Attending key meetings with members of the sales team.
- Working on account management plans with the sales account managers.
- Identifying key areas for improvement in the sales process.
- Spotting market opportunities for new customers.
- Attending monthly meetings with other senior members of the business.
- All aspects of recruitment and selection for the sales department.
- Attending industry events and conferences to generate new business leads.
- Acting as a spokesperson for the organisation at sales events and conferences.
- Networking with other directors in order to generate new business for the company.
- Monthly reporting on sales performance against budget and reporting on variances.
- Identify new ways of generating incremental revenue/minimizing expenses for the organization.
- Establishes sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products.
Background of the Head of Sales
- Degree in business management
- Previous 3-4 years’ experience successfully managing sales teams ideally from a retail fashion industry.
- Professional sales training would be a strong advantage.
- Proven track record of achieving targets and driving sales growth in a business.
- Strong leadership skills and an ability to inspire sales teams.
- Self-motivated with high energy sales drive.
- Proven track record of closing business by building quality client relationships.
- Creativity to structure mutually beneficial deals.
- Excellent, proven cold call skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize goals.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends, based on business needs.
If you qualify for the above role, kindly send your CV to email@example.com on or before 19th November 2018.
Only SHORTLISTED candidates will be contacted.