Job Title: Civil Engineer
Gross Salary: 350k – 450k
Location: Nairobi (with extensive travel)
Our client is an oil marketing company with several service stations across the country.
They are seeking to hire a qualified and competent individual to fill in the role of a Civil Engineer for their construction projects.
- Manage, design, develop, create and maintain small-scale through to large-scale construction projects in a safe, timely and sustainable manner
- Plan and design structures, following construction and government standards, using design software and drawing tool
- Conduct on site investigations and analyze data (maps, reports, tests, drawings and other)
- Carry out technical and feasibility studies and draw up blueprints that satisfy technical specifications
- Assess potential risks, materials and costs
- Provide advice and resolve creatively any emerging problems/deficiencies
- Oversee and mentor staff and liaise with a variety of stakeholders
- Analyze survey reports, maps, drawings, plans, blueprints, aerial photography, and other topographical or geologic data to plan projects.
- Monitor progress and compile reports in project status
- Manage budget and purchase equipment/materials
- Comply with guidelines and regulations including permits, safety etc and deliver technical files and other technical documentation as required
- Hand over the resulting structures and services for use
- Degree in Civil Engineering
- Preferably a licensed professional engineer
- Should have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in the Building & construction industry
- Must have knowledge in mechanical and electrical installations
- Must have experience in construction of service/ petrol stations
- Prior experience working in an oil company is preferred
- Excellent knowledge of design and visualizations software such as AutoCAD, Civil 3D or similar
- Proficiency in site layout, grading, utility design, erosion control, regulatory approvals et
- Project management and supervision skills
- Sound mathematical (financial) and technical skills
- Ability to think methodically, to design, plan and manage projects
- Ability to maintain an overview of entire projects while continuing to attend to detailed technicalities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Negotiating, supervisory and leadership skills combined with the ability to delegate
How to Apply:
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Civil Engineer) to email@example.com before 14th November 2018.