Our client in the clearing and forwarding industry seeks to hire Declaration Officers.
Main purpose of Job: To accurately prepare and process error free customs entries on behalf of the company within the laid down legal and statutory requirements for the customs clearance procedure.
1. Ensure Effective Declaration Process
- Promptly procure customers’ manifests from airline handling centers and the shipping lines for sea freight
- Confirm and re-confirm HS codes used at IDF application for suitability
- Compare and ensure manifested details tally with the shipping documents
- Ensure stock of bonds are managed and tallied effectively and cancellation monitored daily.
- Ensure the customs clearance procedures entries are prepared with Zero errors
- Ensure airfreight and sea freight clearance procedure are effectively followed
- Prepare and make declarations of customs entries within agreed service levels
- Promptly communicate discrepancies/ issues to HoD Declaration when necessary
2. Data Management
- Ensure data has been entered accurately into the Simba system
- Ensure taxes payables have been captured correctly
- Follow up and ensure taxes have been prompt paid
- Monitor and ensure entries have been processed at the Document Processing Centre once payment has been made
- Perform quality assurance on work processed
- Identify and escalate recurring or consistent problems with systems functionality
3. Provide Administrative and Departmental Support
- Regularly provide advice to Clients, Client Services team on Tax estimates
- Promptly provide information on HS codes, Tariff classification and IDF preparation to relevant managers as required
- Effectively handle all issues arising from disputes over tariff and valuation at any stage of clearance
- Maintain professional working relationship with internal and external customers and colleagues.
- Ensure departmental and individual objectives are achieved
4. Stakeholder Engagement
- Effectively liaise with Stakeholders, Clients, Customs, KEBS, KPA, CFS’s, Shipping lines and staff from same and other departments to ensure accurate entry and procedures
- Correspond efficiently with the stakeholders (including and not limited to KENTRADE, KRA, KEBS, Banks etc.) using the respective systems
- Effectively monitor current market trends in regards to customs and other stakeholders.
5. Client Services Support
- Effectively handle customer queries and disputes and proactively follow through to resolution
- Promptly investigate and resolve customers’ complaints and escalate if appropriate to the HoD Declaration.
- EACFFPC / KRATI / KESRA Certification
- Single Window, TRADEX and Orbus Systems with a usage of TRADEX and Orbus
- 3 years’ experience in a busy airfreight and sea freight multinational company
- Excellent knowledge of KENTRADE
How to Apply
Interested candidates to send their application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9th November 2018.