Co-op Trust Investment Services Limited (CISL)
Property Investment Manager
Are you ready to transform your career with an employer who promotes individual excellence and mutual respect in a team-driven and high performance culture?
Are you keen to scale new heights and redefine success whilst creating value for your leadership brand?
The Co-operative Bank of Kenya, “The Kingdom Bank” is the place for those looking to new horizons and exciting opportunities.
If you have ambition, energy and drive – then we have room.
Co-op Trust Investment Services Limited (CISL) is a fully owned subsidiary of The Co-operative Bank Group involved in the management of investments on behalf of institutional and individual investors such as Insurance companies, pension funds and other entities.
Reporting to the Managing Director – Co-op Trust Investment Services Limited, The role holder will be responsible for originating, structuring and maintenance of property investment proposals and deal pipeline and presentation of the same to suitable client property investments within the context of entire portfolio and statutory constraints.
In addition the role holder will be charged with responsibility of supporting the CISL investment team in optimisation of investment returns across the sphere of investible asset classes.
Specifically, the successful jobholder will be required to:
- Actively lead engagements with clients in their property investment activities and maximise returns for real estate assets under management through the analysis of property efficiencies and identifying opportunities for improved performance.
- Work closely with various property service providers and consultants to provide direction and oversight of business plans and asset strategies for the properties. Negotiate third party contracts.
- Create and maintain appropriate property performance evaluation metrics and reports as well as evaluating the suitability of existing and proposed client property investments.
- Provide pre-acquisition input in the due diligence process including review of financial and operating assumptions; model full life cycle financial analysis for each asset from acquisition to disposal; and manage the integration of assets post acquisition.
- Lead and drive engagements with relevant regulators and real estate professionals for purposes of product design, development and compliance.
- Assist in development annual budgets in respect to rentals and services for CISL Clients.
- Ensure that all risk management requirements within your remit are addressed and where necessary escalated through the available defined channels
- Research and give viable proposals to changes in respect to space utilization new ways of service contracting, maintenance of premises, fittings etc. in order to meet present and future requirements within agreed timescales for further discussion with MD CISL / respective client Boards.
Desired Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will be required to have the following skills and competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Land Economics, Architecture, Building Economics, Geomantic Engineering or Real Estate with at least five years working experience in general property management.
- Professional Certification – Certified Financial Analyst or CPA will be an added advantage.
- Understanding of marketing and customer service principles coupled with knowledge on financial and accounting principles.
- Personal organization and thoroughness coupled with the ability to work under minimum supervision with good Judgment and decision making skills.
- Pro-active in problem solving coupled with the ability to work under own initiative.
- Good attention to detail, an ability to see the bigger picture and a head for figures, margins, budgets, and revenue
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate, develop and leverage mutually beneficial relationships.
How to Apply
If you are confident that you fit the role and person profile and you are keen to add value to your career then please forward your application letter enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com indicating the job reference number PIM/CEO/2018 by 24th November, 2018.
We are an equal opportunity employer.