Job Title: Librarian
Nature: Full time
A mid-level college in Lang’ata / Karen, Nairobi seeks to recruit a Librarian.
He/ She should be ready and willing to report immediately.
Due to the urgency of this position, we would prefer someone who is currently unemployed, but one with previous experience in a similar position.
Some duties include;
- Cataloguing, classification, and indexing of books/information materials
- Develop guidelines for students and other library users (brochures, newsletters, bulletins, posters, promotional materials etc.)
- Undertaking manual and automated referencing
- Advice/ recommend materials to be added or discarded using standard library selection tools
- Management of audio visual materials
- Physical processing of books/non book materials
- Attending to students & lecturers’ needs
- Conducting library orientation to new students/ users
- Shelving of library books.
- Carry out any other relevant assigned duties from time to time as need arises
- Degree in Library and Information Science from a recognized university
- At least 2 years working experience in a similar role in a college/ university
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be proficient in MS Office suite.
- A team player with the ability to establish rapport with colleagues.
- Attention to detail.
Interested candidates to send a copy of CV only, with the subject to the email being “Librarian”.
Indicate your expected salary.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted: firstname.lastname@example.org