Job Title: Regional Director – Africa
Gross Salary: USD 1500 – 2500
Our client is one of the leading consultancy firms offering corporate training, structures development, human resource and financial management services.
They are seeking to hire a Regional Director whose role will be to oversee the operations of the existing communities / children homes and networks, research country options, establish future micro community sites, legal compliance and development of local teams.
- Responsible for day to day operations of micro communities including capital build out, managing local teams, child selection gate keeping, and operationalizing Child Empowerment Framework.
- Facilitate and support all US-based international volunteer and travel activities to the region.
- Develop and train field staff on program curriculum guidelines based on the Program framework.
- Ensure all capital expenditures, complementary interventions and mission trips are implemented according to best program practices and directly engage the outcomes found in the program framework.
- Ensure each country office operates effectively according to the Field Operations Manual.
- Provide field support for marketing and communication strategies
- Seek ways for field operations to become self-sustainable including local fund-raising, income generating ventures and becoming part of the US-based fund raising strategies.
- Perform all research related to growth and expansion in the African region, helping in the selection of future countries and micro community site location.
- Work with country resources to legally register, acquire land and implement operations in support of Horizon’s charter.
- Lead high profile international mission trips as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned as determined by the President
- Degree in a Business related field preferred; business administration a plus.
- At least 5 years’ experience in child development, orphan care and child sponsorship at the international level.
- Highly developed leadership skills which include being a bridge between western and regional cultures.
- Highly skilled in effective practices of child development and specifically in best practices related to orphan and vulnerable children care.
- High attention to detail, familiar with accounting practices and reporting, overall skill in managing a complicated child-focused non-profit operation.
- Experience in international child sponsorship management and communication strategies.
- Advanced relational/interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate clearly & concisely both verbally and in written form.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a home-office situation
- Ability to collect and interpret financial, programmatic and production data for management, reporting and training purposes.
- Ability to use information technology; knowledge of research applications; experience in the use of internet and presentation software.
- Extensive international travel required which includes long stays in rural areas.
How to Apply
Please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Regional Director – Africa) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 3rd December 2018.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the short listing process.