A dairy processing factory seeks an experienced Quality Assurance Manager with a demonstrated history of working in the food production industry.
Skilled in management, continuous improvement, ISO Standards, lead auditor FSSC Food Processing, project management and strategic planning.
- Provide leadership to the plant in areas of food safety and product quality
- Lead the Internal Audits of the Quality Assurance Team
- Ensure the receiving procedures for incoming ingredients are following quality and safety standards.
- Carry our supplier audits to ensure they meet our standards.
- Train our milk suppliers on expected milk quality and assess their farms and assist where needed with an improvement plan
- Ensure that the ISO 22000 standards and procedures are being followed
- Keep factory up-to-date with municipal and Government regulations regarding food processing plants
- Interface with and train employees about ISO and Hygiene standards
- Prepare all & manage all ISO documentation
- Supervise the lab technician to ensure all the lab swab schedule is being met.
- Meet with any external auditors who want to audit our factory.
- Verify the release of products. Ensure the products meet the hygiene as well as quality requirements of the plant. The pack team would report to you on this.
- Internal audit planning & management. Manage all the internal audits for the ISO 22000 plan.
- Nonconformity and corrective action: Manage any recall, mock recalls and non-confirming products.
- Gather the team and coordinate the process.
- Report to the top management on the performance of the FSMS and any need for improvement.
- Must have ISO 22000 /BRC experience
- Must be able to supervise and have good leadership skills
- Must have excellent verbal communication skills
- Must have good training skills
- Must be able to write comprehensive reports
- Must be hands on – leading by example
- Excellent multi-tasking skills and flexible
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
Location: Kiambu County
Salary: Ksh. 150,000 – 250,000 gross negotiable based on skills and experience
Interested candidates who fully meet the above requirements should send their applications along with a detailed CV indicating current and expected salary and their daytime contact to email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We do not charge any fees for receiving and reviewing applications or for interviews.
Application deadline: 20th November 2018