We are looking for a motivated and qualified professional to fill the position of System Support Specialist.
Overall Purpose of the Job: System Support Specialist is responsible for the support of all information system resources including but not limited to computers, networks, telephones, cell phones, and peripherals. As directed by the IT Manager, support the implementation of information systems and telecommunication technologies.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
i. Installation of computers, servers related peripherals and other hardware for all offices-OS setups, Server setups (database, file servers, print servers, etc.) and Printer setups
ii. Monitoring and Maintenance of server infrastructure.
A. Domain servers
- User management (adding, unlocking, deleting and rights assignment)
- DNS management
- File Security and access management.
B. Mail servers
- User management (adding, unlocking and deleting)
C. Database servers
- Backup and replication
- User management
D. File servers
- Rights assignment
iii. Installation of computers, servers related peripherals and other hardware for all offices-OS setups, Server setups (database, file servers, print servers, etc.) and Printer setups.
iv. Troubleshoot and resolve hardware problems companywide and follow up with 3rd party service providers for hardware problem resolution.
v. Recommend solutions as relates to hardware resolutions where 3rd party suppliers should be involved.
vi. Network Management including IP address management and Physical network troubleshooting and connectivity.
vii. User support on the use of different hardware and software components companywide including assisting with scanning, printing, scanning equipment and biometric equipment.
viii. Installation and support of different software packages for use companywide i.e MS office suites, Pdf creators, readers and convertors and other software as need arises.
ix. Installation of Directline’s main business system modules at all Directline offices; including Finance and related modules for underwriting and sales, Claims and related modules for claims, legal, medical, investigation and intimation. Registry and other modules as they arise .Server and network configurations necessary for DLBMS functionality.
x. User support as relates to queries arising from the company’s main business (core) system entailing error resolution, data updates and verification across branches, user management (adding, unlocking, deleting and role management)Report generation as need arises.
xi. Understanding the intricate details of workflows and data movement as regards DIRECTLINE ASSURANCE’s companywide core systems and infrastructure.
xii. Evaluating and monitoring performance and environments of the company’s core system and infrastructure companywide by checking links, data agents server status like space and general health as well as ensure that overnight agents are running when needed.
xiii. Proposing and recommending solutions for implementation by developers where the company’s core system is concerned.
xiv. Installation of other critical non-core systems that are in use in Directline Assurance including HR systems, Attendance and related systems as well as printer monitoring server software.
xv. Evaluating, monitoring and providing support for all non-core systems to their relevant users by performing user management (adding, unlocking and deleting) and level one troubleshooting for leased hardware.
xvi. Engagement with 3rd party service providers and suppliers for the relevant supply and support of hardware, software and other technology services.
xvii. Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time
- Business/Information Technology university degree from an institution recognized by Commission for Higher Education
- Minimum Overall Grade of C+ in KCSE
- System Support qualification
- Microsoft Certification
- Certificate in COP will be an added advantage
- At least three (3) years’ working experience in preferably within an Insurance Company or a busy organization
- Experience troubleshooting hardware, software, server, basic network issues and printer related issues.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
- Experience installing software, patches, and updates on desktops and laptops.
Skills and Attributes
- High level of integrity; able to maintain utmost confidentiality of information in their possession
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with a pleasant personality
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Excellent Client relationship skills with the ability to handle complaints & difficult situations in a tactful manner
- Have great attention to detail
- Able to work as part of a team
If you qualify for the above advertised role, kindly send us a detailed CV and Application Letter clearly demonstrating your fit as per the roles & responsibilities and the person specifications (academic/professional qualifications, experience, skills & attributes) listed above.
Applications that do not conform to the Application Instructions will not be considered.
Kindly send your application documents to firstname.lastname@example.org to reach us on or before 5.00pm 7th December, 2018.