Job Title: Executive Assistant (PA)
Reference: EA 2018
Recruiter: Stratostaff East Africa
Profile Introduction: Stratostaff is a provider of Flexible Staffing Solutions to medium size firms, multinationals and government throughout East Africa.
By offering full human resource life cycle solutions, Stratostaff is able to contribute better talent selection, improved staff productivity and employment risk management for our clients.
Stratostaff seeks to recruit an Executive Assistant on behalf of one of its clients.
Qualifications / Requirements
- At least 5 years working experience in a similar role
- A University degree in Business Administration or equivalence
- Experience in Executive level support in a dynamic and complex work
Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertake efficient management of the CEO’s calendar, appointments and schedules, including monitoring and managing the daily program and provide support in preparing briefing documents, papers and letters when required;
- Institute best office management practices that will ensure effective functioning of the CEO’s’ office and adherence to protocol;
- Receiving high ranking visitors, route and screen telephone calls and answer enquiries to the CEO’s office;
- Manage the CEO’s representational tasks like preparing invitation lists, making bookings, ensuring adequate preparation of all aspects of events, workshops, retreats etc;
- Establish and maintain a filing system for the Executive office.
- Organise high level meetings including Board meetings, taking responsibility for finalisation of the meeting agenda, invitations, the production and distribution of documentation and preparation of minutes of meetings;
- Distribute meeting reports and information and ensure follow up on required actions and tracking of progress on planned issues;
- Collect and prepare briefing materials for the CEO’s concerning official trips and meetings including arranging itineraries;
- Help manage the office operations with respect to communications, meetings and work flow; identify complex or sensitive subjects and contacts for special treatment
- Maintain an organised electronic filing system for key documents ensuring safekeeping of confidential information;
- Organise Senior Management meetings, preparation of minutes and summaries of actions to be taken;
- Coordinating leave and travel plans for the CEO;
- Organise and manage the administrative work of the office including establishing internal procedures and tracking systems for correspondence and documents; receive, screen and register correspondence and documents and follow up as necessary;
- Keep abreast of activities of importance, latest policies, procedures and organisational changes.
- Format and finalise all executive office documentation for transmission to internal /external parties while ensuring quality, substance and sensitivity;
- Draft routine correspondence, memos, general briefing notes, documents, reports and minutes of meetings when required;
- Coordination of information flow in the office and dissemination of communication /directives from the CEO’s office;
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of reports to the CEO;
- Review and screen incoming correspondence for the CEO’s attention and prioritize documents according to action required;
- As appropriate, provide information and guidance to staff at all levels within the organisation unit to ensure understanding of intent and deadlines.
- Make arrangements for official travel of the CEO, prepare travel requests, hotel reservations, visas, tickets, perdiem, etc;
- To offer travel related support for high profile and external visitors to the CEO;
- Facilitate all events, functions and logistical arrangments related to high profile visits and Board Meetings;
- Monitor and update the organisational events shared calendar;
- Communicate sensitive information to senior management and coordinate responses to sensitive inquiries on behalf of the CEO.
- Proactive, self driven and solution oriented;
- Tact and diplomacy.
- Trustworthy & Principled
- Good interpersonal and communications skills;
- Good numerical skills;
- Demonstrated self organisation and ability to manage multiple tasks;
- Effective stakeholder management and coordination;
- Ability to proactively network and build healthy operational relationships;
- Ability to champion decisions that support the effective running of the CEO’s office;
- Event and travel management skills.
How to Apply
If you are qualified and up to the challenge send your Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 7th December 2018
Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Stratostaff is an Equal Opportunity Employer