Opportunity for a Finance Officer at the Biodiversity and Biosafety Association of Kenya (BIBA-Kenya)
Biodiversity and Biosafety Association of Kenya (BIBA – Kenya) is a coalition of over 60 Farmer organizations, animal welfare networks, consumer networks; faith based organizations; and community based groups.
They all have an interest and work in the areas of environment, agriculture, health and biodiversity.
BIBA-Kenya wishes to recruit a Finance Officer to support project accounting, management and implementation.
Qualified and interested candidates are herein requested to respond to this advert appropriately.
Key Responsibilities and Engagements of the Finance Officer at the Biodiversity and Biosafety Association of Kenya
- To prepare financial statements, monthly management accounts and reports in conformity with standard reporting procedure
- To do bookkeeping and accounting work in BIBA-Kenya
- Coordinate and prepare tax returns
- Record and process internal claims and external invoices
- Conduct and manage audit
- Assist the BIBA-Kenya National Coordinator in day to day administrative running the BIBA-Kenya Secretariat.
- To spearhead fundraising efforts in BIBA-Kenya
- To support the BIBA-Kenya National Coordinator in project implementation
- To organize the logistics of BIBA-Kenya events, meetings, forums, travel etc as advised by the BIBA-Kenya National Coordinator. .
- To undertake any other relevant duties as may be delegated or instructed by the BIBA-Kenya National Coordinator and or by the BIBA-Kenya Board.
Qualifications / Attributes
The ideal candidate will have the following qualities;
- Be educated to degree level in Accounting, Finance or a closely related discipline
- Have completed university education i.e. not a continuing student either in research or undertaking work contributing to studies completion. Copies of Degree
- Certificates must be provided
- Be a qualified Accountant having completed CPAK or the ACCA equivalent
- Be proficient in quickbooks and other accounting packages
- Have computers operating skills in all Microsoft packages including emails and internet
- Be a good communicator both in writing and speaking in English and Kiswahili
- Willing to work long hours to beat deadlines and targets
- Willing to learn and to be mentored in his / her work and in development and networking in general
- Be a team player
- Knowledge of Nairobi city and the country in general will be an added advantage.
Remuneration: This is a salaried / remunerated position and the person to be engaged will benefit from a competitive package. Applicants should state their current package and expected package from this position
Location: The person to be engaged will be based in Thika within the BIBA-Kenya offices.
Deadline and Application Procedure
Deadline for submission of the applications will be November 30th 2018.
Applications (only Cover letter and CV only) to be sent by email only to:
The National Coordinator,
Biodiversity and Biosafety Association of Kenya,
with the subject line “Application for Internship Ref: Finance Officer 30/11/2018.
Hand delivered applications will not be accepted.