Job Title: Unit Manager
Gross Salary: 60K – 100K
Our client is an indigenous Kenyan five-star restaurant chain that provides an engaging cultural experience for its customers.
They are seeking to hire a Unit Manager who will tasked with Co – coordinating departments and managing operations to ensure quality customer service.
- Co – ordinate all the departments in the Restaurant dealing with food and beverage to ensure proper service delivery
- Ensure all costs within the department are kept low and ensures no waste in the kitchen and service department
- Test cooked food by tasting and smelling it in order to ensure palatability and flavor conformity.
- Investigate and resolve complaints regarding food quality and service
- Monitor compliance with health and fire regulations regarding food preparation and serving.
- Establish standards for personnel performance and customer service
- Schedule use of facilities or catering services for events such as banquets or receptions, and negotiate details of arrangements with clients
- Monitor food preparation methods, portion sizes, and garnishing and presentation of food in order to ensure that food is prepared and presented in an acceptable manner
- Arrange for restaurant and kitchen equipment maintenance and repairs
- Work to ensure proper co – ordination to ensure proper service delivery
- Maintain food and equipment inventories, and keep inventory records.
- Order and purchase equipment and supplies.
- Degree/Diploma in Hotel and Restaurant Management / Hospitality Management
- Advanced certificate in food and beverage service and sales
- At least 3 year’s working experience in the food and beverage department in a three or four-star hotel
- Perfect knowledge of food and beverage products and their production and services
- Perfect computer knowledge and skills and able to operate various hotel software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Result driven and team player
- Good coordination skills
How to Apply:
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Unit Manager) to email@example.com before 28th November 2018.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.