Location: Thika, Kiambu county
Our client, a local manufacturer of baby diapers, is recruiting Merchandisers to join their company.
Job Role: To offer product that exceed customers’ expectations and achieves sales and profit targets through effective supply chain management.
- Monitor performance against plan, taking appropriate action to maximize sales and profit and reduce stockholding whilst increasing stock turn
- Identify new business opportunities to grow sales and profitability
- Review, propose and implement mark-down activity to reduce terminal stock whilst analyzing action taken on mark-downs to maximize profit
- Drive increase in margin through new sourcing strategies and methods to build profit
- Communicate trading issues and forecasts with proposed actions to senior management and Buyer
- Develop and agree plans in partnership with the Buyer that achieve sales and profit targets and implement the agreed departmental strategy
- Evaluate market and customer information together with historical data and forward trends to develop plans
- Manage product trialing activity with the Buyer
- Continuously monitor market activity, through regular competitor shop visits, gathering market intelligence from a wide variety of sources and store visits, in order to take appropriate commercial action
- Agree and deliver promotional and marketing plans
- Monitor and manage the availability of stock
- Identify and regularly review potential suppliers and negotiate commercially viable terms of trade
Qualifications & Skills:
- Degree/Diploma in Marketing, Sales or related field
- 3-4 years’ experience of merchandising in FMCG, Modern Trade verticals
- Strong project management skills
- Sales analysis and forecasting
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to work to deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills
Deadline: Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should submit their online application on or before 30th November 2018.
Correspondence: Applications and detailed CV to be submitted online at http://goo.gl/T8sryH.
Applications not meeting minimum requirements will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.