Our client is one of the leading furniture retail stores in the region.
They seek to hire a qualified person in the role of Human Resource Manager.
Salary: Gross / consolidated salary Kshs. 100,000 – 150,000
About the Position: Are you a people person, passionate and aggressive about developing talent, a serious business partner within the Human Resources function?
Are you in a position to demonstrate a learners mind set for new ideas and concepts within the Retail sector?
Are you mature in mind to demonstrate a positive attitude towards work and people around you?
Do you see yourself establishing a training academy within our organization?
We are definitely looking for you to be part of this amazing team.
Job Function: Reporting to the General Manager, the incumbent will provide input to planning, execution, management and coordination of all Human Resources needs.
- Developing and implementing a human resources management strategy for the organization aligned to the goal of growing people
- Developing and implementing a reward and compensation system that is based on performance management. With results drawn from the ability to measure and monitor KPI & KPRs.
- Maintaining up-to-date job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Preparing new employees with orientation and comprehensive induction training and staff development programs.
- Ensuring legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable Kenyan human resource legal requirements
- Ensuring the organization has access to quality human resources on a long-term basis, by developing and implementing appropriate human resources planning and recruitment activities and implementing staff retention strategies
- Managing employee discipline and ensure compliance to the company Standard Operating Procedures and HR policy
- Ensuring an optimal work environment that promotes employee motivation, team work and helps to maximize employee productivity
- Contributing to team efforts by accomplishing related results as necessary
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business Studies or Social Sciences from a recognized university or Higher National
- Diploma in Human Resources Management
- At least five (5) years progressive work experience in similar positions with related responsibilities
- Experience working with Paymaster software application will be an added advantage
- Practical experience in developing and implementing strategies for managing performance, motivation, change and culture management of staff of different diverse cultural backgrounds
- Familiarity with the Labour Laws and workplace compliance
- Must be a member of IHRM
Qualified candidates that meets the criteria set above should send their application to firstname.lastname@example.org so as to reach us on or before 20th November 2018.
Quote ‘HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER” on the email subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.