Green Zone Agencies (GZA), desires to enable the Orphan and Vulnerable Children live in peace, with dignity, be in good health, and have access to essential resources. We strive to support and promote Human rights for this vulnerable population in Nyanza, in order to achieve an equal and just society.
The Organization works in collaboration with local groups and other organizations through partnerships in order to raise awareness on HIV/AIDS, sexual and gender-based violence issues and improve people’s livelihood.
GZA empowers local and county-level OVC stakeholders to strengthen the formal and informal HIV, child protection systems and services as well as linkages between them, including multi-sectorial service referrals and coordination to ensure quality service delivery to OVC and their Households.
To advance this, GZA desires to integrate OVC/HCBC with the ART (AIDS Relief) and other on-going OVC-PEPFAR programs, ensure that the OVC/VHH integrates agriculture and microfinance to promote food security and improve incomes, Initiate collaborative activities with county partners, including Ministry of Gender, Children & Social Development, Children’s Department and other National organizations as appropriate.
GZA is one of the MWENDO OVC Project funded partners in Kisumu.
GZA wishes to recruit the following:
Position: Data Clerk
Area of Operation: Kisumu County.
Overall Purpose: To manage efficient data entry and data base support services to GZA OVC project in co-ordination with the Social workers and project M&E Officer. S/He will ensure proper data entry and filing system for the data collected in the field.
- Verifying data and ensuring entries are correct daily.
- Ensure that data from the field captures defined variables.
- Coordinates with the Social Workers in ensuring that required data is timely sent to project M&E person.
- Backing up the database daily
- Ensure daily filing of the data forms after entry into the database as per protocol
- Update the data Centre tracking sheet daily
Required qualifications and experience:
- Vocational training in IT related course
- 2 year experience is desirable
- Additional professional training in data entry preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Willingness and flexibility to work long hours
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Swahili.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and database software;
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team-oriented setting;
- Valid Motor cycle Ridding licence will be an added advantage.
Required Travel: Travel within the project area at least 90%
NB: Knowledge of the local language (Luo) is an added advantage.
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements, Please send your application indicating current and expected salary to THE DIRECTOR GZA-CBO with your daytime contacts (cell phone number) to reach us latest Friday, 9th, November, 2018.
GZA- CBO, P.O. Box 2123- 40100 Kisumu
OR deliver to GZA office along Kisumu-Busia rd. next to Shell Filling Station.