Green Zone Agencies (GZA), desires to enable the Orphan and Vulnerable Children live in peace, with dignity, be in good health, and have access to essential resources. We strive to support and promote Human rights for this vulnerable population in Nyanza, in order to achieve an equal and just society.
The Organization works in collaboration with local groups and other organizations through partnerships in order to raise awareness on HIV/AIDS, sexual and gender-based violence issues and improve people’s livelihood.
GZA empowers local and county-level OVC stakeholders to strengthen the formal and informal HIV, child protection systems and services as well as linkages between them, including multi-sectorial service referrals and coordination to ensure quality service delivery to OVC and their Households.
To advance this, GZA desires to integrate OVC/HCBC with the ART (AIDS Relief) and other on-going OVC-PEPFAR programs, ensure that the OVC/VHH integrates agriculture and microfinance to promote food security and improve incomes, Initiate collaborative activities with county partners, including Ministry of Gender, Children & Social Development, Children’s Department and other National organizations as appropriate.
GZA is one of the MWENDO OVC Project funded partners in Kisumu.
GZA wishes to recruit the following:
Position: Field Agent Supervisor
Area of Operation: Kisumu County.
Job Summary: The Supervisor will support HES capacity strengthening by providing training, majorly on SILC and technical support to households and household groups, focusing on implementing and managing farm enterprises, financial education, market opportunity identification / assessment, and entrepreneurship and business development services.
- Work closely with HES officer on day to day operations and planning of all activities.
- Work with the Case Management Systems tools to track household progress.
- Facilitate group interactions through regular communication, and site visits to support the successful implementation of HES project activities across project area.
- Build capacity of groups on SMART skills to better manage enterprises and engage with established markets and new market linkages.
- Train SILC groups in 7 Steps of Marketing (market analysis, access to information and inputs, working with financial institutions, business plan development) and link them to local markets, existing associations, financial institutions, and companies working in the agriculture sector.
- Work closely with Farmer to Farmer to provide technical assistance to farmer-focused SILC and caregiver groups where appropriate.
- Use appropriate project management tools to plan, review, and track implementation of the project with minimum wastage of project resources.
- Ensure a culture of accountability and learning through regular monitoring to project sites, providing oversight of studies and assessments, and proper documentation of tools and promising practices to contribute to learning and building the evidence around household graduation, transition, and economic strengthening.
- Document project results and impacts in various forms, including media stories, lessons learned, case studies, client satisfaction, etc.
- Knowledge of microfinance, SILC, Village Saving and loaning and Table banking.
- Networking skills;
- Strong organization skills;
- Ability to work independently, think innovatively and strategically, and work effectively within a team;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Swahili;
- Ability to work under pressure and within deadlines.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma in Community development, agricultural economics, Agri-business management, Business administration or related field.
- At least 2 years experience in working with local community development project preferably with microfinance institutions or USG funded project.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Experience working with small scale farmers and/or value-chain development, business development, entrepreneurship, financial services with a focus on vulnerable populations with USG funded projects.
- Demonstrated experience in community mobilization, organization, management and mediation among local actors and partner capacity building
- Demonstrated experience in training design, delivery and mentoring in subject matter relevant to this position.
- Must be a holder of Valid Motorcycle Riding licence.
Required Travel: Travel within the project area at least 90%
NB: Knowledge of the local language (Luo) is an added advantage.
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements, Please send your application indicating current and expected salary to THE DIRECTOR GZA-CBO with your daytime contacts (cell phone number) to reach us latest Friday, 9th, November, 2018.
GZA- CBO, P.O. Box 2123- 40100 Kisumu
OR deliver to GZA office along Kisumu-Busia rd. next to Shell Filling Station.