Green Zone Agencies (GZA), desires to enable the Orphan and Vulnerable Children live in peace, with dignity, be in good health, and have access to essential resources. We strive to support and promote Human rights for this vulnerable population in Nyanza, in order to achieve an equal and just society.
The Organization works in collaboration with local groups and other organizations through partnerships in order to raise awareness on HIV/AIDS, sexual and gender-based violence issues and improve people’s livelihood.
GZA empowers local and county-level OVC stakeholders to strengthen the formal and informal HIV, child protection systems and services as well as linkages between them, including multi-sectorial service referrals and coordination to ensure quality service delivery to OVC and their Households.
To advance this, GZA desires to integrate OVC/HCBC with the ART (AIDS Relief) and other on-going OVC-PEPFAR programs, ensure that the OVC/VHH integrates agriculture and microfinance to promote food security and improve incomes, Initiate collaborative activities with county partners, including Ministry of Gender, Children & Social Development, Children’s Department and other National organizations as appropriate.
GZA is one of the MWENDO OVC Project funded partners in Kisumu.
GZA wishes to recruit the following:
Position: Finance Assistant and Administrator
Area of Operation: Kisumu County.
- In consultation with GZA management, setting up and monitoring the financial system in order to ensure that the organization finances are maintained in accurate and timely manner.
- Maintaining accounts payables and accounts receivable systems in order to ensure complete and accurate monthly reports
- Managing employee files and records to ensure complete and accurate payment of benefits and allowances.
- Collection of data and maintaining manual and computerized prime accounting records.
- Preparation of monthly cash flow statements.
- Efficient and effective office management services and administrative support.
- Preparing invoices for services rendered and Goods purchased in line with USG funded projects.
- Maintaining up to date information on exchange rates on behalf of the organization.
- Administration, reconciliation and weekly/monthly reporting to project Coordinator/Director on petty cash and all bank accounts.
- Manage the project finance and oversee all local procurement ensuring that donor’s/organization’s policies are adhered to.
- Submit monthly returns to KRA
- Preparing and managing cash flow projections
- Support Project coordinator and other project staff in drafting budgets, preparation of field documents and submission of field reports.
- Implementing the organization’s internal controls
- Performing financial monitoring of GZA and its related offices.
- Preparing regular monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Holder of CPA K or equivalent
- Registered with institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) and registration of Accountants Board of Kenya (RAB)
- Have at least 2 years experience in USG funded program.
- Familiar with financial reporting software’s; QuickBooks and Tally
- Have high integrity and fulfill the chapter 6 requirements of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
Additional Required Qualities:
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work long hours.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
Required Travel: Travel within the project area at least 90%
NB: Knowledge of the local language (Luo) is an added advantage.
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements, Please send your application indicating current and expected salary to THE DIRECTOR GZA-CBO with your daytime contacts (cell phone number) to reach us latest Friday, 9th, November, 2018.
GZA- CBO, P.O. Box 2123- 40100 Kisumu
OR deliver to GZA office along Kisumu-Busia rd. next to Shell Filling Station.