Title: Head of Information Technology – Manufacturing
Gross Salary: Competitive
Our client is one of the leading manufacturing firms in existence for over 20 years.
They seek to hire a competent IT professional to handle the EA African region and be responsible for evaluating, planning & configuring, implementing, controlling, monitoring and maintaining secure computer environments.
He will also be responsible for all internet facing services, to telephony edge-based services to support smooth business operations at all times across the region.
- Responsible for the exploration of innovative tools and strategies to deliver IT solutions that are aligned to the company’s technical architecture, business plans and long-term strategy.
- Ensure development and execution of SAP and business process best practices across the organization
- Develops processes, procedures and oversees the installation for upgrades, configurations and patches for the enterprise SAP system, subsystems in supporting hardware products.
- Develops new system and application implementation plans, custom scripts and testing procedures to ensure operational reliability.
- Directly responsible for technical project deliverables; may lead projects including developing high-level project plans, assigning tasks and facilitating team processes to achieve set project objectives.
- Ensures the performance and reliability of SAP systems.
- Defines procedures for user access servers, files, and databases.
- Plans and manage new hardware and software releases and assesses risk of implemented changes before performing them.
- Monitors and maintains a comprehensive set of performance metrics for all system features; maintains history reports, identifies and addresses recurring problems.
- Develop online help and update systems support help scripts.
- Administration of Internet facing services (HTTP, FTP, SSL, SOAP, XML/API, SMTP, DNS, TLS, Web Services, etc.)
- Develop procedures, programs and documentation for backup and restoration of host operating systems and host-based applications.
- Act as an escalation point for internal support departments by providing technical assistance through responding to inquiries regarding errors, problems, or questions about software, hardware, systems and infrastructure.
- Drive programmes to enhance IT capacity to drive business excellence.
- Stays current with technological developments in systems administration technology and recommends ways for the company to take advantage of new technology.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT or a related field.
- ITIL Foundation Certification & CISCO & Project Management Certification
- MUST have at least 10 years working experience in a dynamic and innovative environment with not less than 5 years at a leadership level as a HoD or immediate Deputy,
- MUST have prior experience in the manufacturing industry
- 5 years hands-on on SAP R 3 experience with start to end full cycle SAP R3 implementation experience with leading role in MM module and good knowledge of all modules – FICO, MM, PP and SD modules with a commerce background.
- Experience in implementing and managing BI (Business Intelligence) software.
- Experience in handling Cloud Applications, Routers, IoT and networking, AWS Management & demonstrated proficiency in G-Suit Management.
- Experience in developing reports using Crystal reports, ABAP, Visual Basic, MS Access, Crystal reports etc.
- Experience in various OS platforms, computer languages and databases, should be able to query databases and create custom query templates for SAP.
- Knowledge of key business processes and ability to deploy competitive IT strategies related to drive business excellence.
- Ability to handle any kind of business productivity enhancement software from scratch.
- Ability to: Plan, organize and document system design activities and to configure systems to be consistent with policies/procedure
- Ability to communicate technical/complex information both verbally and in writing, effectively at all levels.
How to Apply:
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Head of Information Technology – Manufacturing) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 23rd November 2018.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV