Head of Marketing
Head of Marketing will report directly to the Country Manager and is primarily concerned with ensuring the integrated commercial success of the organization through taking ownership of the all marketing, brand management and product management aspects, making sure that all relevant functions of the organization are aligned to meet its strategic commercial objectives.
- Develop strategic direction and plans for the company regarding all commercial functions including marketing, business development and customer experience; and drive strategy communication and execution.
- Develop and lead the implementation of marketing budgets and monitor progress against key performance indicators. Collaborate with the Head of Finance to fully manage the P&L.
- Drive the innovation of new products and their development as well as enhancements of existing products; ensure that the user experience is exciting, informative and entertaining to end users to guarantee play and value.
- Develop pricing strategies that maximize profits and market share whilst ensuring consider customer satisfaction.
- Lead the planning and execution of all marketing initiatives; Approve and oversee the creative development of promotional materials, digital content, advertisements, and other marketing-related projects.
- Study and interpret market trends and adapt to industry changes; assess associated business risks and make recommendations to the management on propositions that promote growth of the bottom line and enhance the company’s competitive standing.
- Oversee the implementation of CSR initiatives aimed at promoting growth of company brand; and coordinate all public relations activities.
- Build and manage strategic relationships and partner with key industry players, marketing agencies and vendors; review and manage supplier contracts and terms to ensure value.
- Manage relationships with regulatory authorities in the industry and ensure company compliance with all related statutory requirements and reporting procedures.
- Offer leadership and continued development of the marketing team and cooperation with other departments; Maintain an environment that attracts, retains and motivates top quality staff and foster a culture of high performance and discipline.
- A Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business management, or related field.
- Professional certification in Marketing.
- Master’s degree in business management or any related discipline, from a reputable institution is an advantage.
- 10+ years relevant experience in marketing or product management, 5 of which must be in senior leadership.
- Experience in handling B2C sales – Able to be hands-on and strong executor, with strong business sense, results driven mindset, customer centric, with extensive experience of marketing in a fast-paced, consumer facing digital businesses.
- Experience in disruptive marketing with demonstrable ability to employ predatory thinking.
- A strong, proven track record of successfully increasing revenue through commercially tracked, marketing campaigns.
- Demonstrated experience developing a brand and sustainable acquisition of a customer database
- Good working knowledge in IT.
- Experience in working in a fast growth environment and a decentralized environment.
- Highly analytical skills with ability to use creative problem-solving skills. Working knowledge of data science and analytics will be an added advantage.
- Technical Aptitude – Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
- Working Under Pressure – Ability to deliver against set objectives while operating on some occasions in stressful situations.
- Agility – Ability to deal with shifting priorities and issues inherent to a fast-growing company.
- Strong entrepreneurial skills and a natural ability to spot opportunities for revenue generation.
- Natural leader of people with excellent managerial and motivational skills.
- Demonstrable ability to make business decisions and formulate business strategy.
- Relevant industry experience and in-depth knowledge of the market will be an added advantage.
- A strong passion for sports particularly football.
Salary: Competitive salary based on qualification and experience
Interested candidates who fully meet the above requirements should send their applications along with a detailed CV indicating current and expected salary and their daytime contact to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We do not charge any fees for receiving and reviewing applications or for interviews.
Deadline: 5th December 2018