Our client is a Faith based Christian organization providing affordable and quality eye care services in Kenya.
They seek to hire a competent and strategic Business Development Manager.
The incumbent will be tasked with the overseeing of all aspects relating to the marketing strategy, sales penetration and expansion strategy of the institution to ensure profitability and continuity of its business units.
Seniority: Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer
Salary: 150K – 250K
Role Purpose: Overall responsibility and accountability is to develop, manage and implement the sales and marketing strategy in alignment to the overall business strategy of the Institution by providing market intelligence, securing strategic partnerships and maximizing profitability.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop, implement and adjust where necessary the marketing strategy of the institution in alignment with the overall business strategy
- Carry out periodic market research on various vision centres & optical shops of the company
- Offer guidance and direction to management and the department on programs, campaigns and activities agreed upon at any given time
- Directly responsible for brand visibility by managing branding of organisation
- Aggressively seeking out opportunities for strategic partnerships, and secure corporate organizations to partner
- Oversee the social Media Marketing avenues by regular update, viable/profitable campaigns
- Collect market intelligence, analysis of competitor activity and business analytics supported by data to inform decisions
- Work with outreach teams to make budgets for programs and make provisions for activities within allocated budgets
- Define the objectives of the Sales and Marketing department and KPIs for each member
- Provide regular and objective feedback and direction for the outreach team, and continuously evaluating effectiveness of the program
- Ensure the shops are adequately stocked with both the right quality, quantity and sixes of optical supplies and pharmaceuticals
- Increased sales volumes by evaluating the profitability of each unit, scouting for strategic locations of optical and pharma care shops and ensuring the displays are tastefully designed
Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s Degree in Project Management/ Strategic Management is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce
- 5-8 years’ experience leading a Business development team
- Demonstrate high levels of maturity in leadership, and unquestionable integrity
- Strong Business acumen, and ability to plan and implement
- Demonstrated track record of sales
- Highly analytical and able to interpret data
- Results driven individual with a strategic approach to Sales Management and strong interpersonal skills
- Clean and Valid BCE driving license
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Business Development Manager – Healthcare) to firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday 23rd November 2018
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.