Our client is a 4-Star Hotel in Nairobi and seeks to hire suitably qualified person in the role of Executive Housekeeper.
The purpose of the job is to plan and coordinate the housekeeping activities to ensure that the hotel’s accommodation facilities are maintained at the expected level of hygiene and cleanliness and that the guest requirements in the rooms and public area (washrooms, corridors, stairs, and guest lounge) are provided.
Salary: KShs 50,000 – 70,000
- Implementing the department’s operating standards and procedures for the smooth running of the department
- Ensuring the maintenance of quality standards and ensure safety, comfort. This covers the general cleanliness of the rooms and the corridors, the linen, furniture and all other amenities in the hotel rooms
- Managing the department’s staff complement so as to guarantee its smooth running and efficiency.
- Managing the staff performance and career growth.
- Addressing any issues raised in the customer feedback reports and making suitable recommendations where applicable in regards to housekeeping.
- Preparing a daily report to front office on the room occupancy
- Reporting any maintenance to be done and follow up with maintenance
- Managing pest control internally
- Any other duties delegated by the General Manager
Main Competence Requirements
- Communication – The ability to communicate clearly and persuasively, orally or in writing
- Team orientation – ability to work cooperatively with other members of the team (HODs) with a full understanding of the role to be played as a team member
- People management – Ability to manage and develop people and gain their trust and cooperation to achieve results.
- Leadership – Capacity to inspire individuals to give of their best to achieve the desired results
- Customer Focus – Looking after the interests of the hotel guests and ensuring that their wants, needs and expectations are met/exceeded.
Knowledge, Qualification and Experience
- Degree in Hotel and Hospitality Management
- Diploma in housekeeping techniques
- Hotel Management experience
- Over 5 years’ experience in the hotel industry in comparable roles.
Qualified candidates who meet the criteria set above are advised to send their applications to email@example.com so as to reach us on or before 15th November 2018.
Please quote “EXECUTIVE HOUSEKEEPER” in your email subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.