Our client is a 4-Star Hotel located in Nairobi.
They seek to hire a high-energy and result driven person in the position of Sales Executive.
The purpose of this job is selling the hotel products and services (Conference packages and Accommodation) in order to grow the hotel business to meet set targets
- In liaison with the Sales & Marketing Manager establish a sales strategy to drive and achieve set sales targets
- In liaison with the Sales & Marketing Manager and in line with the budget, establish annual & monthly sales targets
- Set SMART objectives for self-geared at achieving targets and monitor for success
- Aggressively open cold doors, follow up on referrals and leads with the aim of closing and converting these into business
- Periodical market service to establish emerging market trends and recommend suitable action
- Review guest custom and establish consistency/ otherwise and recommend suitable action and implement on approval by Manager
- Manage the promotion of new & existing products (locally and internationally)
- Grow the hotel business by acquiring new corporate customers. Grow revenue by mining for incremental business from existing clients
- Create and maintain business rapport with existing corporate clients for maximum retention
- Successfully manage PR for the hotel and maintain links with F&B in this regard
- Prepare sales management reports on sales for feedback and review by the Sales & Marketing Manager
- Acting as the Guest relations officer
- Supervisor reviews analysis and approves or otherwise(sales & marketing manager)
- Maintain occurrence to determine action(royalty programme) or follow up
- Prepare and execute suitable work plan to implement strategy
- Any other duties delegated by the Sales & Marketing Manager
Key Competence Requirements
- Communication – The ability to communicate clearly and persuasively, orally or in writing
- Team orientation – ability to work cooperatively with other members of the team (HODs) with a full understanding of the role to be played as a team member
- Results Orientation – Desire to get things done well and the ability to set and meet challenging goals.
- Planning and organising – ability to plan and decide on course of action, ensuring that the resources required to implement the action will be available so as to achieve a defined end result.
- Technical skills – possession of the knowledge, understanding and expertise required to carry out the work effectively
- Customer Focus – Looking after the interests of the hotel guests and ensuring that their wants, needs and expectations are met/exceeded.
- Business awareness – Capacity to understand the business needs and priorities of the organisation and the capacity to identify and explore business opportunities.
Knowledge, Qualification and Experience
- University Degree – Marketing option.
- Advanced/post graduate diploma in sales
- 2-3 years’ experience in sales
- Experience selling hotel services desired
How to Apply
Qualified candidates who meets the criteria set above should send their applications to email@example.com so as to reach us on or before 15th November 2018.
Please clearly quote “HOTEL SALES EXECUTIVE” in your email subject.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.