Our client is a 4 – star hotel in Nairobi and seeks to hire a qualified person in the role of Training Executive.
The purpose of this role is to develop and administer training programs for all employees, assess training and development needs for the organization, help individuals and groups develop skills and knowledge, create training manuals, present in-person training sessions and monitors training for effectiveness.
Salary: KShs 30,000 – 40,000
- Oversee training programmes that include printed manuals, group sessions, training videos, and any other relevant methodology.
- Determine training needs and requirements for the hotel or a specific group by meeting with managers, talking with employees, or administering surveys
- Review existing training materials to determine appropriateness and relevance
- Modify or create training materials to meet specific training needs.
- Monitor training programmes and manuals to ensure that they are effective and up-to-date and make updates as necessary
- Work with managers to address learning issues, instruction problems, or new training needs regarding specific employees or departments.
- Maintain understanding of new training techniques and methods.
- Conduct effective induction and orientation sessions for all new staff
- Resolve any specific problems and tailor training programs as necessary to address specific needs.
- Make training plan and calendar monthly, quarterly and annually.
- Helping line managers to solve specific training problems, either on a one-to-one basis or in groups
- Keeping training materials up to date.
- Management of all training materials of company
- Designing and developing training and development programs based on both the organization’s and the individual’s needs.
- Conduct counselling and guidance sessions to staff as and when required.
Key Performance Indicators
- Number of trainings executed against scheduled trainings
- Effectiveness of trainings conducted
- Training objectives met
- Sustained training culture
- Departmental trainings conducted
- Impact of trainings on employee performance
- Impact of trainings on company culture
Required Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Business and Management or any other related course
- 2 year’s relevant experience
- Training skills
- Communication – The ability to communicate clearly and persuasively, orally or in writing
- Team orientation – ability to work cooperatively with other members of the team (HODs) with a full understanding of the role to be played as a team member
- Quality focus –Focus on delivering quality and continuous improvement
- Interpersonal Skills – Ability to create and maintain open constructive relationships with others, respond helpfully to their enquiries and to be sensitive to their situations
- Influence and Persuasion – Ability to convince others to agree on or to take a course of action
- Leadership – Capacity to inspire individuals to give of their best to achieve the desired results
- Customer Focus – Looking after the interests of the hotel guests and ensuring that their wants, needs and expectations are met/exceeded.
- Business awareness – Capacity to understand the business needs and priorities of the organization and the capacity to identify and explore business opportunities.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates that meets the criteria set above should send their applications to email@example.com so as to reach us on or before 15th November 2018.
Please indicate “TRAINING EXECUTIVE” on the email subject.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.