The goal of the USAID funded Human Resources for Health (HRH) Kenya Mechanism is to strengthen HRH systems at the national and county government levels to improve health outcomes for the Kenyan people. In order to strengthen its team, the Mechanism is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following position:
Director, Monitoring and Evaluation
Working under the direction of the Country Director / Chief of Party of HRH Kenya project, the Director, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) serves as an in-country technical support on monitoring and evaluation of Mechanism activities including planning, development, implementation and, monitoring and evaluation.
S/he will coordinate their work with US-based support from the Chapel Hill office.
- Provide strategic and technical leadership to the Mechanism in M&E, results reporting, data utilization for program decision making and, knowledge management.
- Ensure implementation of a sound M&E system that effectively tracks Mechanism activities and results.
- Conduct rigorous assessments and, operational research for the Mechanism.
- Ensure that data required for demonstrating program impact and lessons learned is collected, analyzed and integrated into program M&E systems.
- Monitor program activities, and progress related to impact and sustainability of innovative interventions as per the PMP.
- Oversee the collection of information and, the documentation of progress towards achieving results for all project activities, in collaboration with the program team and Evaluation Unit in Chapel Hill.
- Work with in-country based Program Managers to ensure that they understand relevant indicator definitions and, data collection instruments and their M&E reporting responsibilities.
- Ensure adherence to technical quality and, fulfillment of programmatic activities within the work plan and budget.
- Ensure dissemination of Mechanism activities to stakeholders, key partners and other interest groups.
- Lead the process of developing and presenting quarterly project progress reports to USAID.
- Lead the development and, implementation of the Mechanism’s annual work plan, Activity Monitoring and Evaluation Plan (AMEP) and, Learning Plans.
- Ensure the Mechanism’s successes, best practices and lessons learnt are documented and shared with USAID regularly.
- Ensure adherence to the approved branding and marking plan in all knowledge products.
Education / Experience Requirements
- A master degree in public health, epidemiology, demographics, social sciences or other related field.
- A minimum of 10 years working experience in monitoring, design and implementing programs in the development field preferably health and/or HRH.
- Possess applied skills in designing and implementing assessment/research activities and, formative or operations research.
- S/he must have strong writing and, organization skills for reporting on program and study results.
- Familiarity and experience with USAID/PEPFAR reporting regulations and, requirements.
- Proficiency in statistical databases (SPSS, EPI-info) and other software packages with strong data analysis (quantitative and qualitative) and data management skills
- Good experience and working relationship with development and implementing partners and, other stakeholders in health system strengthening.
If you meet the above qualifications please apply by sending your CV with a cover letter indicating your daytime telephone numbers, address and names of three referees who must have been your supervisor in your current or former employment @ http://www.intrahealth.org/section/careers.
Closing date for applications is November 30, 2018
Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted