Indepth Research Services Ltd
Position: Humanitarian Learning Advisor
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
We are Africa’s leading training and consultancy center since 2003, offering technical consultancy and training services designed for individual and organizations in the agriculture, climate change and environment; disaster management; education; food and nutrition; health; humanitarian relief; logistics and telecommunication; recovery and reconstruction; safety and security; water and sanitation sectors.
We seek to recruit an aggressive, confident, fluent, mature and keen to detail Humanitarian Trainee & Learning advisor to manage all communications, both internally and externally on full time basis.
Key Roles / Responsibilities
Training and curriculum Development
- Identify the Humanitarian training needs, plan and implement training that meets these needs.
- Coach, train, and mentor Humanitarian Officers with the aim of strengthening their technical capacity, exchanging knowledge within the Humanitarian team and providing professional development guidance in conjunction with the Training Manager.
- Facilitation of international trainings workshops in Humanitarian and Disaster to our corporate and NGOs clients.
- Establish a publishable Statistics and Humanitarian and Disaster Management course catalog to include target audiences, learning objectives, and maintenance.
- Develop consistent curriculum framework for all trainings in alignment with strategic goals, and education credits where applicable.
- Utilize a variety of media to maximize training effectiveness.
- Develop and maintain training compliance database to track course completion for target audiences, as dictated by regulatory requirements.
- Complete pre- and post-course work that includes, but is not limited to: pre-course assessments, grading and processing final exams, updating attendance records, and reporting course or student issues.
- Provide feedback and suggestions on course design and materials to support any areas that need improvement.
- Review all course curriculums on a regular basis to be prepared to conduct any course assigned on short-notice.
- Preparing proposal and responding to related EOI and RFPs
- Following up new business opportunities and setting up meetings
- Planning and preparing presentations
- Communicating new product developments to prospective clients
- Overseeing the development of marketing literature
- Writing reports
- Providing management with feedback
- Masters degree in Public Health, Bachelor degree in Sociology, Social Work, Public Health, International Development, or another relevant field,
- Sound knowledge and field experience of humanitarian relief issues and a commitment to humanitarian relief.
- Good computer literacy and knowledge of multiple statistical and/or qualitative software packages such as SPSS, SAS, STATA, R Studio, MS Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Word.
- Professional Certificate in Project Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Demonstrable competence in and enthusiasm for practical training methods.
- A sound appreciation of the range of personal and technical issues facing relief workers such as health, International law, quality standard, gender etc.
- GIS experience is an added advantage.
- Computer literacy in MS Office is essential
- At least 2 years’ M&E experience in a busy environment.
- The logical framework approach and other strategic planning approaches;
- Humanitarian Disaster Management methods and approaches including quantitative, qualitative and participatory;
- Planning and implementation of Humanitarian and Disaster management systems;
- Facilitating learning-oriented analysis sessions of Humanitarian and Disaster management data with multiple stakeholders;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a humanitarian training environment with a focus on Adult Learning.
- Knowledge of statistics is highly preferred.
- Must be able to deliver under strict deadlines and handle pressure effectively.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should only send their CVs (with 3 referees) email@example.com with the subject title ‘Humanitarian Learning Advisor’ on or before 1st December 2018 by 1pm.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.