ICU Nurse / Critical Care Nurse (38,000/=)
Our client in the hospital industry based in Kisii is looking to recruit an ICU nurse who will be responsible for provision of high quality primary nursing care within the section in line with Hospital policies, processes and procedures.
- Demonstrate clinical practice competence in nursing management of critically ill patients and those undergoing hemodialysis
- Assessing a patient’s condition and planning and implementing patient care plans
- Treating wounds and providing advanced life support
- Assisting physicians in performing procedures
- Observing and recording patient vital signs
- Ensuring that ventilators, monitors and other types of medical equipment function properly
- Administering intravenous fluids and medications
- Ordering diagnostic tests
- Collaborating with fellow members of the critical care team
- Responding to life-saving situations, using nursing standards and protocols for treatment
- Acting as patient advocate
- Providing education and support to patient families
- Care for pre- and post-operative patients.
- Participate in quality improvement and patient safety initiatives in the unit and in other departments.
- Ensures intra and interdepartmental collaboration
- Provide safe environment for patients through adherence to infection control practices and other safety policies, and perform timely safety checks.
- Implement safe custody and correct administration of drugs.
- Bachelor’s degree/Diploma in Nursing
- Registration Certificate issued by the Nursing Council of Kenya
- Valid practicing license from Nursing Council of Kenya (KRCHN/KRN)
- Critical Care Nursing Certification.
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- At least 3 years’ nursing clinical experience in a similar position
Interested candidates who meet the requirements are invited to send their CV to email@example.com indicating the job title “ICU Nurse” on the subject line by 12th October 2018