IMA World Health
Manager, Communication and Knowledge Management
The Manager, Communication and Knowledge Management works with the M&E, technical, programmatic and administrative staff to ensure that information developed by is shared and transformed into readily available knowledge that supports effective decision-making.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to the project to develop capacity in information and knowledge management
- Coordinate programs and initiatives related to dissemination and use of knowledge acquired by AFYA Jijini consortium partners and national/international stakeholders
- Develop, produce, disseminate and distribute Afya Jijini communication materials in clear and accessible manner for a range of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Serve as the point of contact with USAID Kenya on media and public relations matters as well as the in-house expert on branding, marking, and positioning of Afya Jijini communications materials and deliverables.
- With the technical team, lead the documentation and dissemination of core technical issues, strategies and lessons emanating from AFYA jijini’s work.
- Support capacity development of the technical team in writing and documentation, and lead the packaging and dissemination of AFYA Jijini success stories and lessons learned.
- Provide assistance to work teams in planning knowledge-sharing strategies, including approaches to remote collaboration and technical knowledge updates.
- Regularly promote knowledge exchange and learning opportunities e.g. coordinating Brown-Bag presentations, informing staff of applicable online discussion lists and communities of practice internal and external to Afya Jijini.
- Proactively seek out and acquire content suitable for sharing within the office and through organization-wide repositories,
- Work with Program, Finance and Administrative teams to ensure timely submission of high quality quarterly, semi-annual, annual and end of program reports to donor and HQ.
- Serve as focal point for the collection and standardization of training manuals and materials prior to them being sent for printing.
- With the program officers, regularly develop and issue program status materials, leaflets, brochures etc. that portray the achievements and status of the project, aimed at different audiences.
Job Requirement, Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Master’s Degree in Communication or related field; OR Bachelor’s Degree or with 3-5 years’ experience in knowledge management
- He/She must have at least 5 years’ professional communications experience as a writer/editor preferably in Reproductive Health, International Health and/or HIV/AIDS.
- The candidate should demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, high level of conceptual and strategic thinking as well as writing and editing skills.
- Extensive practical experience in applying information technology to the implementation of knowledge management and knowledge sharing .
- Demonstrated ability to prepare/review complex technical reports; and deliver effective oral presentations
- Demonstrated competence to assess priorities and manage a variety of activities in a time-sensitive environment and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality. .
How to Apply:
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 20 Nov 2018