IMA World Health
Reporting to the Administration Manager, the Program Assistant/s will provide programmatic and operational support to the program teams. S/he will work closely with the program teams at both national/county and sub-county levels.
The Program Assistant will be responsible for providing programmatic and administrative support to Afya Jijini program teams across all the program areas.
S/he will work with the program teams in planning and executing meetings, trainings/workshops and other program activities at county/national and sub-county level.
The support will include but not limited to logistics, compilation of Activity programmatic and payment reports, reconciliation of technical and program activities, raising of Purchase and Activity Requests on a timely manner.
- In collaboration with the program teams, support organizing for program meetings, training activities and other form of activities.
- Provides support in compiling the weekly program Activity schedules for the assigned technical/Program teams and provides required programmatic and administrative support.
- Works closely with the Program focal persons to ensure that procurement and Activity Requests for scheduled activities are raised on a timely and proactive manner in accordance with laid down procedures while maintaining necessary close liaison with the authorizing officers, Finance and procurement teams for timely execution.
- Maintains familiarity of program budgets whenever completing purchase and/or Activity Requests.
- Ensures necessary Activity Trackers are completed and updated.
- Supports program teams on update of required program databases such as iRIS and Trainet.
- Ensures that Activity/program unit’s issues related to procurement & finance are profiled and resolved without delay.
- Support the technical team in reconciliation of activity reports and necessary back-ups of final reports.
- Ensures that all relevant activity documents are submitted to Finance on a timely, accurate and proactive manner for timely processing of participants’ allowances.
- Maintains adequate technical knowledge by attending program meetings including necessary collaboration to ensure that there is reasonable understanding of the Afya jijini program and its operations.
- Maintains Professional development by ensuring that there is initiative to interact with all program areas/persons with a view gaining of broad programmatic and operational understanding.
- Handling correspondence regularly amongst teams ensuring action and follow ups are maintained.
- Develops and maintains necessary filing system for assigned program documents.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Education & Experience
- Diploma in a suitable field such as social science, finance and accounting, project management, or office management
- Degree is an added advantage
- Minimum of one year working experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Fluent in English & Kiswahili
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to details
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with prioritization
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to effectively interact within and across all project teams
- Self-driven, able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Flexibility to adapt to changing program requirements.
- Able to work innovatively to address programmatic challenges in a high pressure environment.
How to Apply:
Please submit your application to email@example.com
Closing date: 20 Nov 2018