IMA World Health
TB / HIV Service Delivery Advisor
With a mission to restore health and healing to those most in need, IMA World Health is a non-profit, faith-based organization that offers extensive expertise in health systems strengthening as well as neglected tropical diseases, malaria, HIV, non- communicable diseases, and sexual and gender based violence prevention programs in some of the most challenging and post-conflict settings throughout Africa, Asia, and the Caribbean.
IMA in Kenya is looking to recruit TB / HIV Service Delivery Advisor for the Afya Jijini Project.
Role Summary: IMA World Health is seeking a TB/HIV Service Delivery Advisor to contribute to HIV/AIDS/TB programmatic efforts in Kenya. This position is expected to guide TB/HIV service of IMA’s PEPFAR-funded programming in Afya Jijini, a USAID funded contract working in Nairobi County.
As Afya Jijini team member and reporting to the DCOP/SDTA, this position will:
- Work closely with the DCOP to ensure standardization of HIV/TB care and treatment and prevention services (HTS, PMTCT, VMMC) across all Afya Jijini supported sites
- Provide leadership to HIV care and treatment service delivery integration activity design, planning, and implementation
- Ensure the development and implementation of the minimum packages of care for HTS/VMMC/PMTCT/TB/HIV Care and Treatment across all the Afya Jijini sites, in line with the National program
- Be responsible for providing day to day contact with each cluster teams on HIV care and treatment and TB and VMMC activities, providing technical assistance to establish and strengthen implementation of integrated and comprehensive HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment and TB activities at each supported site, improve quality of services and monitor progress towards achievement of quality results in order to attain the objectives of Afya Jijini.
- Participate in the development and implementation of integrated project work plans and oversee the implementation of the same
- Represent the project in PEPFAR funded activities with USAID, PEPFAR, and other implementing partners
- Provide targeted mentorship and supportive supervision at Afya Jijini supported facilities
- Supervise and/or mentor select technical and programmatic staff
- Ensure achievement of all project deliverables including quarterly and annual PEPFAR targets
- Work closely with the M/E team to ensure timely quarterly and annual reporting of HTS/VMMC/PMTCT/TB/HIV care and treatment achievements
- Participate and contribute in Nairobi Regional Technical Working groups (HTS/VMMC/PMTCT/TB/HIV Care and Treatment), selected national TWGs and ensure National initiatives are implemented at Afya Jijini supported facilities, as needed
- Work closely with other technical leads within the Afya Jijini consortium to ensure integration of activities across the various program areas (WASH, CQI, Laboratory, Pharmacy, RMNCH, HRH)
- With the respective program Officers at the County, Sub County and Sub Grantees, coordinate the Afya Jijini implementation of HTS/VMMC/PMTCT/TB/HIV Care and Treatment activities in line with the National HIV program
- Medical Doctor with Advanced Degree in Medicine (M.Med) or Public Health
- Demonstrated technical leadership in integrated HIV programming
- A minimum of five years’ experience in PEPFAR funded programming
- Experience working county and sub county teams as well as representation in HIV national forums in Kenya
- Proven management skills and a research background will be an added advantage
- At least 3 years clinical experience in HIV care and treatment programs
- Technical understanding of quality and quality improvement with experience in implementing the same in a large HIV Program
How to Apply:
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 20 Nov 2018