Our Client in the Insurance sector seeks a lawyer for its regional team based in Nairobi.
The regional legal team is charged with providing legal advice to the board of Client’s Africa and members of the regional team; implementing the Client Group governance policies; liaising with in-house counsel in Africa operating entities to understand and monitor matters of legal relevance, including material litigation and impending regulatory changes; ensuring appropriate corporate governance in all of the companies under Client Africa’s remit; and building up a strong legal community within the Client Africa companies.
The regional team is seeking a full-time lawyer based in its office in Nairobi, Kenya as soon as possible; the lawyer will report to the Regional Head of Legal for Africa.
- Support the Regional Head of Legal for Africa on pan-African regional matters;
- Support the Client Africa regional team with legal matters, with special focus on the regional team members who sit in Nairobi;
- Act as in-house legal adviser for OEs(Operating Entities) in Kenya and Ghana and provide oversight for entity in Nigeria;
- Ensure implementation of Client Group system of governance in East African OEs;
- Liaise regularly with CEOs and legal contacts in East African OEs;
- Monitor quality of and use of outside counsel in East Africa;
- Maintain oversight of matters of legal relevance in East African OEs, including corporate governance, legal and regulatory changes, material litigation and other matters.
- 5-7 years’ experience in legal practice at an international law firm and preferably also in-house counsel;
- Fully qualified lawyer;
- Fluency in English and strong oral and written communication skills; French a plus
- Strong team player;
- Ability to juggle multiple demands;
- Quick learner;
- Self-starter who follows own tasks to completion and takes initiative;
- Able to manage senior stakeholder relationships.
The Client offers a wide range of training and development opportunities and career opportunities around the world. Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience. Some relocation support is available.
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day – time telephone number to the email address: email@example.com with Regional Lawyer on the Subject line