An International School based in Mombasa seeks to recruit an individual for the below mentioned vacant position:
Career Guidance Officer
- Provide career and college / University entrance / admission information and assistance to students, teachers and parents.
- Assist students in locating and using University / college / career information as needed for research, assignments and post-senior school planning.
- Obtain, organize, file and display career guidance materials, maintain displays and bulletin boards / career talking boards.
- Use aptitude and academic achievement assessments to help students evaluate their interests, skills and abilities, evaluate students’ background, education and training to help them develop realistic career goals.
- Guide students through making decisions about their careers, such as choosing a new profession and the type of degree to pursue.
- Plan, organize, develop and implement career events and publications; prepare letters, flyers, mailers and other materials to publicize Career Center services, resources and speaker programs.
- Develop and maintain a current and comprehensive career library including information on careers and career clusters, employment prospects and trends and employment requirements and opportunities.
- Contact, schedule and arrange guest speakers from the local business community, colleges and private sector to present information regarding specific occupations.
- Schedule visitations by representatives from local colleges; organize, coordinate and publicize career-related events and other opportunities for students to learn about higher education and vocational training and preparation.
- Help students learn job search skills, such as interviewing and networking, locating and applying for jobs, finding openings and how to write a résumé.
- Help students select and apply for educational programs, to obtain the necessary degrees, credentials, and skills.
- Provide information concerning scholastic aptitude and achievement tests; assist students with applications and scheduling; distribute test results as appropriate.
- Maintain a current inventory of Career Center equipment and materials; assist in determining purchase priorities.
- Plan and conduct Career Days, Career Month, Teen Job Fairs, or College Fairs and attend meetings, conferences and seminars regarding career trends, college entrance and financial aid.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Science/Technology/Social Science/Business or any other relevant field.
- At least five years’ experience in career guidance.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, Knowledge of Career and occupational resources, trends, and opportunities, College/University admission requirements, financial aid requirements, and training necessary for future careers.
How to Apply
If you are qualified kindly submit your application accompanied by a detailed CV and relevant documents to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 7th December 2018.