An International School based in Mombasa seeks to recruit individuals for the below mentioned vacant positions:
Junior School Teachers – (Year 1 to year 6).
Subjects to be taught: Mathematics, English, Science, Kiswahili, Geography, History, ICT, French, Art and Arabic.
- Planning, preparing and delivering lessons to a range of classes that cater for the needs and development of the students according to age, ability and aptitude within their class.
- Prepare schemes of work and lesson plans according to the syllabus and translate them into learning experiences.
- Create and evaluate assessments of each student’s academic work and social growth and keep records updated.
- Communicate with parents on students’ progress, administer and mark assessments.
- Set and assign appropriate homework on a regular basis to reinforce student learning and to prepare them for further class activities.
- Use teaching methods that are engaging to students, stimulating intellectual curiosity including the use of effective questioning, presentation and resources.
- Establish and maintain standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Participate in curriculum development programs as required and Supervise students in out-of-classroom activities during the school day.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Education from a Kenyan University.
- Must be registered with Teachers Service Commission.
- At least five years teaching experience, Knowledge and understanding of current trends in teaching and learning practices.
How to Apply
If you are qualified kindly submit your application accompanied by a detailed CV and relevant documents to email@example.com not later than 7th December 2018.