Our client, a leading Investment Co-operative in Kenya is looking for a Human Resource Officer.
The role holder shall be in charge of the human resource function of the Society and co-ordinate the operations and activities of the human resource unit.
The Human Resource Officer will report to the Chief Executive Officer.
Key Result Areas / Responsibilities
- Advising the management on matters related to human resource management;
- Implementation and interpretation of the approved society’s human resource and administrative policies, procedures and standards;
- Documentation and management of all staff records and ensuring they are complete, accurate, securely well-kept and up to date;
- Ensure staffs conduct and discipline is maintained in all the departments /units and ensure fast conclusion of staff disciplinary cases in collaboration with the CEO.
- Staff Payroll administration; Preparation, adjustment, review and approving staff remuneration payments on monthly basis;
- Approving staff leave applications and payment of leave allowance;
- Assisting the CEO with administrative duties in the society;
- Human Resource Planning for all staff to ensure that they are optimally engaged;
- Co-ordinate staff Recruitment & Selection, Orientation & Placement to respective department;
- Ensuring all new members of staff are properly inducted in the operations of the Society;
- Conduct staff background checks and follow up to ensure receipt of responses to reference checks from referees of new hires before they fall due for confirmation.
- Prepare confirmation letters for staff due for confirmation after expiry of their probation period as well as those being confirmed into new appointments.
- Staff Training & Development through conducting staff training needs assessment and recommending relevant training for all staff;
- Staff Performance Management through implementation of the current performance management system and Performance Appraisals;
- Enhance staff Motivation and ensure effective & efficient Communication among members of staff, staff Welfare and Safety & Health;
- Co-ordinate and advice the CEO and the board on best available options when matters Industrial Relations arise;
- Promote a positive image of the Society; and
- Carry out any other lawful duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Skills, Competencies and Experience
The ideal candidate should have;
- Strong character -constantly reminding moral and ethical obligations to employees.
- Mediator: Playing the role of a peacemaker during disputes, conflicts between staff members.
- Problem Solver: Solving problems of overall human resource management and long-term organizational planning.
- Management of Manpower Resources: Broadly concerned with leadership both in the group and individual relationships and labour-management relations.
- Ability to formulate, implement and monitor HR Policies and Procedures.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Extensive experience in performance management and reporting.
- Unquestionable Integrity and strong ethical standards.
- Confidentiality when dealing with sensitive personal information.
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite.
The candidate should posses the following qualifications
- A university degree in Human Resource Management or a degree in Business Related field from a recognized university.
- Diploma in Human Resource Management /Advanced Certificate in Human Resource Management from KNEC, IHRM, KIM or ABE.
- Minimum 4-5 years’ relevant HR experience with 1-2 years in Management.
- Must be a member of Institute of Human Resource Management ( IHRM )
How to Apply;
If you meet the above criteria and are interested in making a meaningful career move, please forward your CV in confidence via email@example.com.
Kindly indicate your current and expected salary in your application or CV.
DO NOT ATTACH CERTIFICATES AND TESTIMONIALS.
Closing date for applications is Friday 23rd November 2018.