KCA University (KCAU) is ranked the fourth (4th) best private university in Kenya, and is the ninth (9th) best university countrywide by Webometrics World Ranking of Universities.
We are a chartered business and technology university committed to quality service and ethical practices. We are shaping higher education in Kenya, and have embarked on a number of strategic changes, including alliances with renowned universities, development agencies and investors.
KCA University seeks to recruit a highly motivated and innovative candidate to fill the following position:
Job Objective: To develop, Deploy and Support ICT infrastructure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and technical direction for the department;
- Prepare tactical and operational plans for the ICT department to ensure that all ICT tools processes and systems are in place to meet the ICT requirements;
- Plan and Coordinate all IT functions in the University and ensure all campuses are provided with required ICT facilities.
- Develop, document and revise system design procedures, test procedures and quality standards;
- Establish efficient and effective ICT systems in the University;
- Integrate ICT into Universitys’ operations and institutionalize automated systems for performance management;
- Establish and implement effective ICT risk management security and data recovery strategies of the University;
- Plan to minimize the risk of data loss, breach of privacy and confidentiality for the University;
- Coordinate, monitor and evaluate ICT programs activities and implement ICT projects within the organization;
- Prepare ICT status reports and ensure that professional standards and guidelines are adhered to;
- Undertake periodic review of the ICT system projects and procedures and recommended improvement;
- Coordinate development review and update existing policy regulations on ICT management;
- Prepare and execute medium plan and annual budget for the ICT department;
- Plan, Manage and control the activities of ICT User Support Administrators, Labs Administrators and the Service Desk;
- Manage the expectations and schedules for ICT resolution activities;
- Provide technical computing advice and solutions to user problems
- Maintain and active awareness and knowledge of new computing service developments;
Qualifications and Experience
- Masters Degree (Computer Science/Information Communication)
- BSc (Technology or Electronics Engineering or Equivalent qualification)
- Navision Certification, Database Certification
Other Skills and Competences
- 5 to 6 years’ experience ,3 of which should be at a supervisory level
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Excellent report writing skills;
- Demonstrate supervisory skills;
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills;
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit an application letter indicating current and desired salary, a detailed CV and three references
via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
so as to be received not later than 23rd November, 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
The Human Resources Director,
P.O Box 56808-00200,