Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI)
Description: As part of our research efforts towards evaluating suitable chemotherapeutic products for schistosomiasis among young children in western Kenya, the Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI) through the Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTD) project is pleased to announce the vacancy below.
Position: Clinical Officer
Vacancy No: CGHR/41/10/18
Reporting to: Clinical Research Coordinator, Homabay
Job Summary: This position provide quality health care services to study participants through diagnosing, investigating and treating patients and participate in research activities to improve human health
- Must have a Diploma in clinical medicine, A higher diploma in paediatrics from a recognized institution is an added advantage
- Computer literacy,
- Knowledge of relevant legislation
- Knowledge of professional standards
- License from clinical officer council of Kenya
- Must be registered with relevant professional body and in possession of a valid practicing license
- At least one years of clinical trial experience
- Training in Good Clinical Practices and Paediatric Life Support are added advantages
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take history from the patients and examine in order to make appropriate diagnosis
- Interpret laboratory results to make proper diagnosis
- Perform minor surgical procedures to patients to ensure well-being.
- Counsel patients in health related matters for psychological healing.
- Prescribe drugs to patients to ensure they get the required treatment.
- Network with other units to ensure quick services to the patients.
- Screen and identify potentially eligible participants
- Administer informed consent to study participants so that they can make informed choice
- Completion of case report form and enter data for research analysis
- Develop Proposal for grants sourcing
- Review proposal and manuscript for approval within the Centre.
- Provide input in budget preparation for the project to ensure proper allocation of financial resources.
Terms of Employment: Employment is on a one year, fixed-term contract with a probation period for the first 3 months.
Salary is negotiable within the appropriate KEMRI salary scale depending on education, experience and demonstrated competency.
Applications MUST include the following:
- A cover letter addressing your interest and qualifications (Indicate Vacancy Number)
- Current Resume’ or Curriculum Vitae with Telephone number and e-mail address
- Copies of certificates and testimonials
- Three letters of reference with contact information (phone and email)
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send in their applications. to:
The Director, CGHR,
P.O. Box 1578 – 40100,
Applications are due no later than: November 28th, 2018
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY; PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY
Only short listed candidates will be contacted