Our client, Kenya Ports Authority (KPA), is a Commercial and Strategic State Corporation mandated to maintain, operate, improve and regulate all sea ports on the Indian Ocean coastline of Kenya, inland waterways and Inland Container Depots.
KPA also has liaison offices in the transit markets of Uganda, Rwanda and Burundi. KPA aspires to position the Port of Mombasa as a competitive regional hub. The Port of Mombasa is the gateway to East and Central Africa and is one of the busiest Ports along the East African coastline.
The Port provides direct connectivity to over 80 Ports worldwide and is linked to a vast hinterland comprising Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, Eastern Democratic Republic of Congo, Northern Tanzania, Southern Sudan, Somalia and Ethiopia by road. A railway line also runs from the Port to Uganda and Tanzania.
The Authority is seeking to recruit exceptional leaders to fill the position of General Manager, Infrastructure Development.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the General Manager, Infrastructure Development will be a member of Executive Committee and will be responsible for control and coordination of capital works projects and infrastructure.
- Provide leadership in the preparation and implementation of projects and major capital development plans;
- Responsible for the management of contractors involved in civil, building works and electrical works within and outside the Port, including advising on civil works rehabilitation or replacement of infrastructure and on the technical feasibility/costs as well as timing implications for the development of marine and shore facilities;
- Provide overall strategic leadership and direction for the development and review of operating policies and procedures;
- Oversee the preparation and development of divisional budgets for the infrastructure division and exercise control on expenditure; and
- Monitor the progress on the implementation of major capital works undertaken by contractors, including, costs, completion schedules and quality assurance for the division’s projects.
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s and and Master’s Degrees in any of the following fields: Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering or Business related field from a recognised university;
- Be a Professional Engineer, registered with the Engineers Board of Kenya (EBK) with a valid practicing certificate;
- Hold valid membership to the Institute of Engineers of Kenya (IEK);
- Have knowledge and experience of not less than nine (9) years of relevant work experience with at least five (5) years served in managerial/leadership role(s) in significant organisation(s) with similar complexity as Kenya Ports Authority;
- Ability to manage complex projects; and
- Experience in port, shipping and maritime logistics is an added advantage.
How to Apply
Candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 including:
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board;
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; and
- a Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for the role above, please submit your application including copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials and your curriculum vitae, including among others, details of your current position, current remuneration, email and telephone contacts of three (3) referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience.
To be considered, your application must be received by not later than 30 November 2018.
For the full details about these positions and how to apply, kindly log onto our e-recruitment platform via https://www2.deloitte.com/ke/en/careers/executive-search-recruitment.html
Email or hard copy applications will not be accepted.
Only those applications submitted through the e-recruitment portal will be considered.
The Director, Executive Selection Division Deloitte Consulting Limited Deloitte Place Waiyaki Way Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya
Kenya Ports Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and is committed to diversity and gender equality.
Canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee, and its network of member firms, each of which is a legally separate and independent entity. Please see www.deloitte.com/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte Touché Tohmatsu Limited and its member firms.
© 2018 Deloitte Consulting Limited