Industry: Logistics – Clearing & Forwarding / Freight
Our Client is a Logistics company offering a wide range of Freight Logistical Solutions to companies with interests in the East Africa region.
They are seeking to recruit a General Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate, manage and monitor the running of all departments in the organization.
- Ensure proper reports are given, oversee general report review of the managers monthly and weekly departmental meetings
- Review financial statements with the Finance manager and Finance Director to check on the profitability of the organization
- Review analysis of activities, costs, operations and forecast data to determine department progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Oversee key projects, processes and performance
- Oversee to ensure customer satisfaction and retention
- Plan effective strategies for the financial well-being of the company.
- Monitor, manage and improve the efficiency of departments and facilitate coordination and communication between departments.
- Work closely with the HR department to ensure that policies and procedures are adhered too.
- Review, implement and ensure the company’s sales and marketing strategies are met to spur growth in the organization
- Oversee the review of the company’s progress, achieved goals and liaise with all management levels to assist in developing better strategic plans for operational activity.
- Advance one’s own professional and technical knowledge by attending workshops and other educational trainings, participating in professional societies and industry networks, and reading professional and industry publications as well represent the company at trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations as advised.
- Any other duties as instructed by the managing director
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or related field
- 5 – 10 years senior-leadership experience supervising seasoned staff
- Must have a good understanding of the freight and logistics industry
- Strong relationship builder
- Analytical and decisive with the ability to prioritize and communicate to staff key objectives and tactics necessary to achieve organizational goals.
- Proven track record of successful implementation of programs and strategies
- Good customer service and public relations skills
- Result oriented and be able to execute and develop marketing strategic plans
- Good communication skills
- Must have people management skills
- Aura of responsibility, be energetic, have integrity and display intelligence
- Proven track record is essential
To apply, click on this link https://flexi-personnel.jb.skillsmapafrica.com/Job/Index/26454 on or before 5th December 2018
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.