Lutheran World Federation World Service Kenya Program is seeking to recruit a Kenyan national for the following position to be based in Kakuma.
Position: Assistant Clerk of Works
Role Purpose: This employee will be responsible for overall coordination, monitoring and inspection of work by construction contractors for assigned projects on behalf of LWF.
The incumbent will report directly to the Clerk of works or his/her, while working closely on a daily basis in collaboration with other Units within the LWF Kakuma Program.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure contract compliance by the contractor, such as conducting tests specified in contract and installing materials/equipment as specified in contract, and report deficiencies to project manager, architect and contractor.
- Provide reports on all on-site matters, including third-party inspections, progress, safety concerns, and causes for delay.
- Review contract documents, architectural drawings and specifications in order to maintain familiarity with assigned projects and insure construction contractor’s full understanding of documents.
- Maintain job-site files, documents, reports and daily log; prepare periodic reports for COW and LWF as required.
- Review requests for progress payments submitted by construction contractor and forward with recommendations to COW
- Leadership on site: Dealing skillfully and diplomatically by managing the requirements of a diverse range of people including Sr. management, assembly crew, clients, engineering professionals, sub-contractors etc.
- Approves construction projects by conducting inspections at critical phases; obtaining approvals from buyers.
- Ensuring workmanship quality and speed remain paramount to the success of all our projects
- Provide technical input regarding design, construction, or modifications as required.
Minimum Qualification & Competencies
- Degree or Higher National Diploma in Civil/Structural Engineering/Building and Construction with two years of related experience in building construction in capacity
such as clerk of the works or project manager, or Diploma and four years of experience.
- Proficiency in use of design software’s and Microsoft office and knowledge of applicable state and federal building codes.
- Possess an understanding of engineering, architectural, and other construction drawings as well as building methods and elements of a project.
- Decisive individual with ability to think analytically and creatively and rapidly address challenges on site
- Good personal organizational skills, including time management, team work, ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure with minimal supervision
- Ability to read and interpret architectural and engineering drawings, specifications, codes, and other material pertinent to construction.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships
- Ability to work in an economically unstable and socially sensitive environment and willingness to take responsibility for personal security and adhere to LWF’s code of conduct.
- Proven commitment to accountability practices
LWF/WS is an equal opportunity employer, irrespective of gender, race or religious affiliation.
LWF/WS is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for humanitarian agencies.
Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect the organization’s commitment to the prevention of abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries.
Applications and detailed CV must include email address and telephone contacts of 3 referees, one of whom must be your supervisor in your current employment.
They should reach the undersigned by close of business on 21st November, 2018.
The Human Resources Officer
Lutheran World Federation
P.O. Box 48, Kakuma,
OR email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.