Job Title: Maintenance Engineer
Profile Introduction: Our client, a leading supplier of concrete products in Kenya, is looking to hire a Maintenance Engineer responsible for providing quality service through the maintenance of plant/site and machinery at optimal costs and to the satisfaction of the various users of the facilities.
- Implement and monitor the plant/site maintenance operational plan and budget to ensure that the department operates optimally and is aligned to the overall organisational goals and objectives;
- Plan and uphold plant and machinery maintenance activities by preparing daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual maintenance schedules that guarantee efficient use of energy and availability of serviceable machines at optimal cost;
- Carry out regular inspection of plant and machinery to proactively identify required repairs, spares, tools, equipment, and materials as well as, carry out troubleshooting/fault diagnosis on machines and equipment and provide solutions promptly to support seamless operations across the organisations with minimal disruptions;
- In liaison with relevant position assist in the preparation and coordination of statutory inspections and audits;
- Record and document all repair and maintenance works including the timelines such as expected review dates, next maintenance or replacement dates;
- Work with vendors to source parts, designing and testing improved parts, updating absolute parts that are no longer supported by manufacturers to improve equipment functionality;
- To be actively involved in continual improvement projects so as contribute to the company’s journey towards operational excellence this includes being actively involved in the efficiency improvement and modernization of machinery in the factory;
- Updating of maintenance records and reports and circulating to the management with recommendations to support decision making.
- Problem solving
- Communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical/Electrical/Production/Manufacturing Engineering.
- Must be a Registered Engineer.
- At least five (5) years’ experience in handling and managing a site within a similar organization
How to Apply
If you are qualified and up to the challenge apply via firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm, 21st November 2018.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.